Best Fleets To Drive For in 2024

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by ClassAOldSchool, Jan 4, 2024.

1. ClassAOldSchool

ClassAOldSchool Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2023
    I noticed alot of carriers are entered into the Best Fleets to Drive For Contest. I am aware 67 companies are selected as finalists.

I know 3 of the 67 finalists for studying social announcements.
    Great Plains Transport Mapleton Nd
    Arka Express Markham Il
    Chief Carriers Grand Island Ne

Any other fleets you know of that were just selected as finalists? I think a shared list would help drivers pick the winning companies in 2024. Did your company get selected? If so post details below.

nextgentrucker and slim shady Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    The $ those companies spend to promote themselves would be better spent on compensation for their workforce.

IMHO take the "best fleet" recommendations with a grain of salt.

4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    The company I drive for is on the list and they have won the award for past 5 year. I don’t know how they keep winning. Their dispatch system is bad in my opinion. When they don’t get me home like they said they can. Then tell me I need to be more flexible. I have called dispatch to let them know the trips they have me on can’t be done and Get me home on time. They tell me I’m wrong and it can be done. When I show up at delivery and they are closed for night and I have wait to get home a day late. Then it’s because they got wrong info from broker. The customer actually closed 6 hour ago the same time I left shipper.

It gets better because I say I’m flexible, just let me stay home a day longer then usual because I’m supposed get 2 days off a week. They didn’t want do that and said I should be ok with doing 34 hour reset at the house vs 2 full days off.

They have been getting home on time last couple weeks but I also got the survey to fill out for Best Fleet to Drive for again this year.

5. MM71

MM71 Heavy Load Member

Jun 28, 2008
    AZ
    I read the list. Laughed out loud based on the caliber of their drivers I have directly witnessed making our roads a more dangerous place. Bison, Leonards, Prime, PRIDE? ... lol, this is lunacy. The propaganda machine is strong for these new recruits. That site should be in Hindi or Urdu

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Great companies never have to advertise..word of mouth is good enough because generally they never need driver unless expanding because top driver never leave great companies

7. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    I always read that "best fleet to drive for" as a list of top 10 companys to avoid the ever loving #### out of. Nearly every time i talk to their drivers you get one of 3 types.

A mindless drone who thinks they are doing great but is too afraid to find better so has lied themself into thinking the job is good

One of THOSE drivers, the flipflop wearing trash on the ground bath in the fuel island sorts.

Someone who is there long enough to get the experince to leave as fast as they can.

8. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    That list is bought and paid for. It’s rubbish

9. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Maybe we should start another annual "rankings" list....something like:

"Fleets that don't treat you like meat in the seat"

:mad: :rolleyes: :angryfire: :banghead:

-- L

10. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    The “Best Fleets to Drive For” finalists are the companies that spend the most money on advertising with the magazines that choose them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.