BEST LEASE PURCHASE??? (to head me towards ownership)

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Wolfen666, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Big dreamer

Big dreamer Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Well when you burn up the brakes to keep the truck on the road down a mountain you would hate automatic transmission's all so, and the super single tires are like putting ski's on a 80,000 lb vehicle; P.S if the company's would leave the full power of the trucks, just maybe the thing would not upshift half way down a mountain!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    I totally support him not want super singles. I spent half my career on them and won't even run them willingly again.
    Never driven an auto, but I'd love to try one.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  4. thelinedriver

thelinedriver Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2017
    thanks for that i was thinking the same thing, peoplee are always eager to give their opinion before facts. Its real simple guys and girls the question is....WHAT COMPANY HAS A GOOD LEASE PURCASE PROGRAM???

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    The answer is plain and simple.

NONE

If anything were good. We'd all be there.

6. thelinedriver

thelinedriver Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2017
    yeah but we are not all at the best paying jobs

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Nope..those don't have turnovers

8. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    should not lease a truck from a carrier .....plenty of dealers that offer lease purchase on used trucks ... if you lease from a carrier you are pretty much stuck with them and situations in companies change quite a bit over a long lease and you pretty much are going to have to take it or turn in your truck .... better to buy outright but a lease from a dealer can work out and you won't need as much cash outlay I think around 3000 can get you in a truck and you need to get a maintenance account built up quick ... and get it up to 30 k as soon as possible .... I really don't know of a lease purchase from a carrier that isn't taking advantage of you .. there might be but not from the mega carriers .... Ryder or penske has some easy finance options and they have a pretty good maintainance program and excellent records and most of the guys that drive those trucks are experienced unlike the fleet trucks that are turned in

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Getting from a carrier can be done. But the odds are against you.

There used to be a married couple on this forum. They did the program through one of the mega's. Can't think of the name right off hand. Swift bought em out so they no longer exist. They completed the program but had to go through a TON of red tape to get the title. They started with a brand new truck. And arranged their own financing once their 3 years was up. The program wasn't easy. The typical BS halfway through the program.

There was another couple. They started starving halfway through the deal. Same BS. They bailed.

It can be done if one can make it happen. And your married with both running team on same truck. But the odds really do fight you.

10. nondriver1989

nondriver1989 Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2018

Most lease purchases have a maintenance warranty on them. I dont know anyone who would lease one without it!

11. nondriver1989

nondriver1989 Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2018
    Try Schnieder , Landstar, Werner or Prime Inc. You know the mega carriers. I hear Schneider is the best you get to pick and choose your loads. People say well you only get 65%. Well when you look at the load board what you see is what you get.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.