Best Linehaul Company

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by moloko, Jun 3, 2018.

1. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    truckingboards is usually where all the ltl guys hang out. I know some members here are on both sites.

Ive looked into this as well. Lots of carries listed and sub threads to look through. Best of luck in the search.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    I’d say probably OD and Estes to make the most straight off the bat. UPS Freight and Fedex Freight you’ll probably make more in the long run but in a family situation-you’ve gotta make as much as you can right away without sitting by the phone. I’d choose these two over ABF-unions tend to scare me off but I’m not opposed to them-some of us need miles NOW. Estes has that OTR regional out 5 days and OD has “bagging out”. I’d rather pay my dues that way because you’ll be making money away from home vs applying for food stamps.

4. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    In order to prevent unionization, most non-union LTL carriers follow union type rules as far as seniority, job bids, scheduling time off, etc. Union or no, you will have to start at the bottom as far as the type of work and shift you will have.

Air Cooled Thanks this.
  5. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Right you are. Been there. Still am. Nothing wrong with paying your dues because you will regardless of where your at. I’ve been both union and non. Similar but I never liked how my coworkers treated outsiders as “scabs”. Dirty business. I just say it’s better to get the miles away from home and get PAID than sit at home while your wife stares at you. You can only clean up the house to get brownie points so many times-believe me I know. By winters end I was mopping the floors with boiling water and bleach because I’ve ran out of stuff to clean.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.