Best Trucking Company?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Krayvax, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Krayvax

Krayvax Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2023
    Hey I live in Houston TX & I’m looking to get my CDL. I turn 21 on May 9th and I’m looking to get into a starter company that will pay your CDL if you drive for them for 1 year. I want to have 1 year of OTR experience

What is the best company? I hear good things about Maverick Glass Division & TMC Transportation.

I’m leaning towards Maverick but I’m wondering if anybody knows any better companies to work for.

After my one year of OTR experience I’m thinking of joining a LTL company so I can be home daily. That’s my plan. Possibly also buying my own truck and becoming owner operator in the future.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I’m wherever the money is at in trucking.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
  4. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Nashville and slim shady Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's a good place to get started right now.
    Don't need a cdl, but will help you get a cdl if you're a good worker.
    Labatt Food Service
    6650 Pine Vista Ln
    Houston, TX 77092

$700 - $760 a week
    ~
    Labatt Food Service is now hiring for a Driver Helper at the Houston location.
    The Driver Helper is responsible for assisting Delivery Drivers in unloading 600-1,200 cases per day by hand at designated stops. The routes are local and you will be able to be home with your family every night and on weekends. The schedule is Monday – Friday, with dispatch times between 3:00 am and 5:00 am.
    ~
    • Career path to promote to Student Driver and Route Driver
    • Paid Training to acquire your Class A Permit or CDL.
    • Home Every Night and Weekends
    Candidates are strongly encouraged to fill out an application online.

haz-matguru Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't know if this one will let you start on the docks at 20 yrs. old or not.
    Dock to Driver Training Program | Lynden
    1417 E Richey Rd
    Houston, TX 77073

[​IMG]
    At Lynden, we are looking for candidates who want to learn from the ground up by working our docks while going to school to get the training needed to earn your CDL class A license. You’ll have an assigned mentor and learn about Lynden too, so that when you get your license, you’re ready to move into the driver’s seat. We even pay the tuition at an accredited school of your choice.

8. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    If all the other suggestions made here should later give you the "cold shoulder" -- you could always try Schneider (that's where/how I got my start) -- they have TWO terminals in the Houston area:

Schneider Ntnl -- dry van -- OTR eastern 37 states

You can get your CDL with/thru them, as well.

-- L

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Both Maverick, and TMC are decent choices for a first gig.

10. Krayvax

Krayvax Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2023
    I’ve actually sent out my application to them before I’ve seen them hiring for driver helpers a couple months ago but I never got a call black even though I have previous warehouse experience, I’ll give it another shot. I’m currently working at a specialty construction company for tanks, vessels, refineries, etc. I currently make around ~$800 after taxes if I’m out at a job site which I think is a little more then Labatt.

11. Krayvax

Krayvax Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2023
    Yeah I’ve searched up on reddit and heard good things about both. I just hear that TMC is more strict and compared to a "military boot camp"

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.