Best trucking school in Dallas

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by stephenbmx1, Feb 2, 2018.

1. stephenbmx1

stephenbmx1 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Im looking for an non sponsored Cdl school in Dallas. TDI closed here recently that was what I was going to go with. Contential truckin school I hear is no good... don't really know where to turn now...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hick

Hick Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    West Virginia
    I'm partial to this one but I don't know anyone that went there nor do I live in Texas. There's just something about the quality of the cinematography in their video that clicks with me.

IluvCATS and Razorwyr Thank this.
  4. EphTrucker

EphTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Run the other way on that one :)

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  5. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Check your community college

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try not to overthink it. Just try to complete a 160 hr. course and you're good to go with about any company.
    Some companies such as Old Dominion Freight Lines and some tanker outfits have certain schools they hire new cdl grads from, but most companies just want a 160 hr. course.
    Dallas, Texas Truck Driving School
    4849 W. Illinois Ave. | Dallas, TX 75211
    Mountain View College is a public community college that opened in 1970. The school offers a truck driver training program to assist individuals acquire the skills needed for a successful career in the transportation industry.

7. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    With that high quality filming, they can surely teach you right, I like them lol

Hick Thanks this.
  8. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Hick Thanks this.
  9. stephenbmx1

Aug 14, 2017

I'll call that college on Monday when their open. Yeah I think I'm kinda over thinking it... I called Richland college yesterday they said they stopped their CDL program.
    I'm mostly concerned with getting a cdl program that has 160 hours, and is accredited and not some hole in the wall place.

10. stephenbmx1

Aug 14, 2017
    IluvCATS Thanks this.
  11. stephenbmx1

Aug 14, 2017
    I guess I'll be going with continental trucking school here in Dallas. Because I really can't find another school that is much better and its $3400. Continental is 200 hour accredited school but a lot of what I read people talk bad about it saying they wasted their time and money wouldn't recommend it to anyone etc.
    Reading those reviews on here about it, on trucking truth and google always makes me worried... :(

What do you guys think I should do?
    Does anybody know if continental does hazmat endorsements?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.