Best way to talk on the phone

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Pursy, Nov 10, 2020.

1. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    Air pods pro, noise canceling makes calls a breeze

Sirscrapntruckalot and Dieselboss Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    You have them I assume... I have the Beats version that hook over the ear but I’m seriously looking at the AirPods Pro for that noise canceling feature.

I’d buy them as a Christmas present to myself but rumors of a V2 is popping up so I think I might wait for a bit.

4. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    One of my trucks is noisy, sometimes I just wear them so I can have some peace and quiet.... hahah but yea I recommend them.

MidWest_MacDaddy and Dieselboss Thank this.
  5. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    That nice peaceful sound of rain or the beach... whisk me away... lol

6. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Bose Bluetooth headset, IMHO.

Sirscrapntruckalot and Dieselboss Thank this.
  7. TomBow

TomBow Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2020
    MN
    I bought an MPOW M5 Bluetooth Headset off of Amazon, it was cheap and the few calls I have used it for went well, I could hear and be heard. $26 US. Its a single ear piece, over the ear with a microphone "arm" that you can rotate out of the way if you don't want it by your mouth the whole time. I discovered after I bought them that the truck I am in has bluetooth phone connectivity through the stereo head, have had not problems hearing and being heard on that either. I will admit, I have a bit of a cheapness gene, hereditary, but I read reviews like crazy before making a purchase. Find reviews on YouTube, Amazon--for Amazon reviews look at the percentage of 5-star reviews. I have had great luck also with Dudios Zeus earbuds, which have a mike and a wire between the two buds but all-day wearing can get a bit painful on the ears. Dudios has wireless buds but I don't have direct experience BUT they are about $24 on Amazon. I have bought Bluetooth speakers, bluetooth headphones both over the ear and ear-bud style, never paid more than $60, most often under $35 and been more than satisfied. READ THE REVIEWS and make an informed choice. DON'T spend $150 when you can get the same quality at $35.(26 english pound)

Powder Joints Thanks this.
  8. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    The cheap haedset will work but that was not the question, as far as quality well that up to the individual.

9. TomBow

TomBow Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2020
    MN
    Correct, not the question. I have used a bluetooth fm transmitter with a built-in mic that fits in your 12-volt socket and uses an empty channel on your stereo to transmit the bluetooth signal through. I scan the stereo channels for an "empty" stationless FM frequency, change the setting on the FM transmitter to match. Then pair your phone to the transmitter and you can make and receive calls through the transmitter. It has always worked well for me. I use one made by ROVE that is about "two thumbs" in size.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.