Beverage Distributor/ Driver Jobs: an insight from a driver.

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Newbie-20, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Newbie-20

Newbie-20 Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Las Cruces, NM
    For those of you wanting to work locally for any kind of beverage distributors and have questions here is a good place to ask i'd be more than happy to answer all and any you might have.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Do you work for Coca-Cola or Pepsi?

4. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    did it for almost two months, never again

5. Newbie-20

Jun 12, 2011
    Las Cruces, NM
    I work for Miller-Coors :biggrin_25510:

6. dschmidt201

dschmidt201 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Chicago
    Why so short? I love it make good money home every night most weekends off never work longer than 13 hours I'm usually off in 8 to 9 some days as little as 4 hours and I make 300 smakaroos

7. Newbie-20

Jun 12, 2011
    Las Cruces, NM
    It can be hard work, I've been doing it for a little over a year and have had enough, I'm actually trying to go back OTR teaming with one of my co-workers, but hey some people love it and wouldn't do anything else

8. Cody40691

Cody40691 Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Central Illinois
    I delivered beer for a month and a half, worst job I've ever had. Got out of there quick for an LTL job that pays 7 bucks more an hour for half the work of lugging cases of beer and kegs around.

9. Newbie-20

Jun 12, 2011
    Las Cruces, NM
    yup it does suck when your paid a low hourly wage lugging beer around and on top of it all being under appreciated.

10. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    If you chose this route, Budweiser or Pepsi are the ones to work for. They load their trucks by your route. Coca-Cola wildly loads their trucks and you always have to dig making your job twice as hard. If I was young again and know what I know now I would of went with Budweiser. It's actually a fun gig while you are young. You meet a lot of woman! :)

I have one friend that toughed it out with Coke. After 8 years they promoted him up into management. Now he makes around $85K but he's been there 16 years now.

11. Newbie-20

Jun 12, 2011
    Las Cruces, NM
    I work for a local Miller-Coors distributor, pro's: trucks are preloaded when we get there in mornings sometimes not always right, being young and working a job like this has it's advantages you stay fit and in shape, con's: is the pay some distributors pay hourly some pay salary which either way you slice it suck!!! LOL and the equipment is in horrible shape. would i do it all over again if i could? never in a lifetime ha ha.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.