Beware of a trucking company in vancouver washington..stay away

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jubajajo1, Aug 5, 2012.

1. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

You better learn how to MEASURE the VOLVO workstation ( bed / table combo ) is not 36 " wide as well you need to LEARN to who you are responding I never mentioned your AGE.

Anyway you are a waste of time so keep :biggrin_2553: I am sure someone will feel sorry for you .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jubajajo1

jubajajo1 Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Thank you sir,,, its so comforting to know there is someone who knows it all so dont waste your time replying,,,

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  4. jubajajo1

Mar 27, 2010
    The purpose of this thread is to make it aware to fellow truckers regarding experiences we have had with trucking companies,, no one exspects everyone to believe what is said or even care what is said, the reason for the thread is forwarn you and others of what has transpired with a company,, take it with a grain of salt and make up your own minds,, but dont say you werent forwarned, I appreciate your input and your years in the craft and wish you the best of luck and may you make millions and have good health and good times in your remaining years living in the land of the free and the brave,,,

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
    superflow and YoungTater Thank this.
  5. jimf922

jimf922 Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2012
    When I hired on years ago with gulick they required 2 yrs verifiable exp, $2500 down for maint escrow. I left them twice for other things but always found my way back. This last time was for 3 1/2 yrs. I left them this time for a oppt that cam up to earn ownership in a small start up co. The lease states that if not in default you must give a 30 day written notice (apr 20 12), this I did, then the 45 days start for final settlement. My final settlement showed that they deducted $1200 for steer tires that the driver who upgraded to my old truck (2012 kw T700 w/MX) had bought at the end of march 2012 in CA, $500 for service, $235 for the shop to clean cab/sleeper to prep for lease, $250 for the truck wash to detail inside and out, Adjusted rate on 2 loads that load planning miscalculated when quoted-$310. My final settlement was $149. When I questioned all these things was told steer tires were bad, had 107,000 miles and 1/2 tread left. Was told that they billed the driver that took over my old truck for new steer tires for the truck he turned in. When I asked to see the bill for them was told it was none of my business. Really?, that doesn't make any sense. Got jacked around between brain in safety and Don who is the comptroller for 8 weeks and finally got a $135 check in the mail for a refund on oil and a wash out????? Not even on my final settlement.

They used to be a very good co but now only care about selling iron, they don't negoiate rates coming back and continue to run out and back to portland for whatever than can get back. I will say that they do buy new CA compliant tlrs but since they have gotten rid of the hiring standards that were in place the majority of them have seen some form of damage.

Cost for a new kw every other friday.

1190 truck, 250 maint fund, 37 QC, 275 ins, road tx's .04 mi and adjusted the next month when they run QC report. Their are a few other things. They charge you .03 gal to use the comdata card for the discounted fuel which in some places doesn't work out for much. I left them with no hard feelings but that has changed given the way I was treated on my final settlement.

6. catrucker916

catrucker916 Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Since when do you have to turn the truck back in with BRAND new tires?

When will drivers stop leasing to the company that owns the truck??? Get your own truck with a loan from the bank or financing company, if that's not possible because of no cash/bad credit then that's a sign that you should remain a company driver. I hate seeing these companies make piles of cash just because there is literally a sucker born every minute.

7. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    I don't think they have to do that. But why pay the company's mechanical thugs twice the goin' price for tires to have them replace the steer tires?

What would you suggest they do?
    Now, .... that right thar is advice that'cha can take to the bank where it'll earn interest.
    That birth rate seems to remain constant over the years in spite of the decline in the number of circuses. :smt112

8. jubajajo1

Mar 27, 2010
    brian and glenn make a great ...team one lies and the other swears to it,,,,they truly where one of the best companies in vancouver..safety was number 1 priority they got a government grant to purchase these volvos and traded in the petes,,,got sme new ca certified reefers and safety went out the door and the make money by keeping the drivers out for weeks at a time came in,,,I spent 3 weeks out at a time and was told by glen,,I dont run hard enough...I admit I was thinking they where the old gulick and was truly shocked to see the new gulick..even someone with many years under their belt gets fooled,,,not just the newbies

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    AfterShock Thanks this.
  9. wrestlingfan1

wrestlingfan1 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2012
    @jubajajo1--we have all learned a lesson the hard way at one point or another and all we can do is pick up and move on and learn from it.
    i guess these forums is the only place ive seen that people have never ever got taken to the cleaners by someone before.
    in short--thanks for trying to put the word out to others.

10. jimf922

jimf922 Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Absolutey true.

11. Silvermitts

Silvermitts Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Ga
    From what you wrote seems like time wasted...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.