Beware of M&H Logistics

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Willpower, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flatbedcarrier

flatbedcarrier Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    I can't put a price to all these loads without spending days digging through documents. Just don't have the time to do that.

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Billerd

Billerd Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Colorado

Hey Gary, let's talk about some of the stuff you say here in the quote above.

Lets put things into perspective.

We sat so much because you would never look for freight until we delivered. I remember clear as day Danny's famous last words "call us when you are empty and we will start looking" being sent to areas that were horrible for lightweight stuff is a rookie mistake that should have never been done by you with your "30 years experience" I learned that in my first month... As far as work being slow at the time.... After firing you, I don't know what slow even is. Suddenly things picked right up.

We are not saying you "haul cheap freight" WE HAULED THE CHEAP FREIGHT! YOU WERE PAID REGARDLESS. You were operating as a dispatcher for hire by all of us. Although I can say that I never tried to "back solicit" freight... How could anyone "Back Solicit" anything when you were representing the company (like mine) that hired you to find the freight to begin with? Kind of hard for me to "Back Solicit" myself isn't it?

Over the last couple of years I have personally met, in my travels way more than a handful of people that all ironically tell the same exact horror story. Hmmm, when people who have never met all have the same story... I wonder who is telling the truth. Most of these guys who originally "drank the koolaid" are still in business, so I guess your theory of laziness and bad business practices is dead wrong. They got smart though and bought equipment that gave them the ability to haul freight wherever they went. They realized just how easy it was to find freight on their own. They realized that they could control their own destiny, and not depend on someone else's idea of the way their business should be run. Interesting how we all started making money when we did the opposite of what you suggested. No wonder you told me when I first inquired about your services that you could not give me references because "the guys like their privacy" Word to the wise people.... No references is a BAD sign.

How many of those hundreds.... thousands of people you have "helped" are still in business? Or did you mean to say you helped them OUT of business? A sign of a business doing something right comes down to one thing..... CUSTOMER RETENTION. With your high turnover rates, I question if you are doing anything right.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Foxcover Thanks this.
  4. Billerd

Dec 16, 2011
    Colorado
    We can all post pictures of loads... Except for being nice to look at, pictures are totally meaningless. What matters is each individual's PROFIT from the load. One good load this week means nothing if you sit next week....

Anj and Foxcover Thank this.
  5. flatbedcarrier

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    LOL, Ok Billerd, you can tell your story anyway you like. ;) If I've done so many wrong, where are they? Why aren't they all on these forums trashing me and my business. We've already figured out there's only a handful of people here trying to trash us and only part of that handful actually worked with us. The fact is most guys who leave us, using the type of equipment we run do well on their own after they've learned the ropes. Thats what our business has always been about, creating Independent Owner Operators that can succeed on their own. We make that clear to everyone who wants to use our service.

When I said back solicit, I'm talking about a Brokers load the Owner Operator agreed to haul "under Contract", and then went back trying to take the Brokers customer away. That is back soliciting and only the lowest type of trucker does that. Let me be clear, I'm not saying you have done this but I am saying a few people in this thread have. They even promote back soliciting to newbies in some of the threads on these forums.

You've told your story about working with us, well I think it's only fair I tell my experience working with you.

From day one all you did was lie to us. You said you were purchasing the type of truck we use here. All along while we waited for the Dodge you supposedly ordered to come in you kept talking about a freightliner. I repeatedly told you that we don't run that size truck here because the operating cost on them is higher then the rest of the trucks we loaded. Where I made my mistake, I felt sorry for you after you had lied to me. We didn't want to see you fail so we told you we'd take you on and do our best to help you but at the same time we told you with you having a higher op cost you'd take less home then the guys here running the smaller trucks. You didn't beleive what I was telling you.
    Then right after you started running you started turning down the same freight others here were happy to haul. The obvious reason you turned the loads down was because you felt there wasn't enough profit in them for the type of truck you were running. I told you that from the begining but no, you were gonna prove us wrong. Every day we'd call you and try to get you to take loads but you continually turned them down saying lets wait for something that pays better. You waited and waited until you got angry.

There was no making you happy. You say you've done well since you left us. I honestly don't believe that. I think you left here and then found out just how much of a struggle this business can be on your own. Because you had continually turned down loads, because you left us without notice, and because you had a type of truck we didn't want to dispatch you knew we would probably never take you back. You've been angry since you purchased that freightliner. You blame us for all the problems with your failing trucking business because it's easier to blame someone other then yourself. You look at us with a steady stream of good paying loads from brokers, and shippers who like to work with us, you see our guys running loads down the road with a smile on their face, and it makes you even more angry. It's the very reason this thread exists. The person who started it, and the people posting negative comments about us here are simply jealous.

6. flatbedcarrier

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    You haul a load, lets say it pays $2.50 per mile. if your operating cost on your freightliner is lets say $1.20 per mile you net $1.30 per mile. If your truck was like ours and had a operating cost of lets say $0.80 per mile that same load would net you $1.70 per mle. It's simple math.

Our guys here are pretty busy. You already knew that though, I'm sure you see them pulling in to truck stops with loads on, fueling up and then pulling right back out again.

7. flatbedcarrier

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    Would you like to see some more pictures?

8. Billerd

Dec 16, 2011
    Colorado

I am not interested in getting into a shouting match with you Gary, I am only relaying my experience with your business. I feel sorry for you man. I know you are defending your business and I understand that, instead of being so defensive why don't you take it as a learning experience and improve.

i really don't care if you think I have done well or not. I still have the Freightliner, I hired someone to drive it for me while I drove and still drive the KW. You are right though, I did not do well.... I've done AMAZINGLY well! I will be expanding more this year.

I chose to not go with the Dodge because I had experience hauling with pickups and they do not last. Besides, I was not signing on with you.... I hired you as a dispatcher. Your website, such as it is, even says you dispatch big trucks, double drops etc.

Realty is, you have your version and I have mine... Mine just so happens to be backed up by a LOT of others with the SAME experience.

You can point fingers, try to twist the truth to make yourself look good, etc. Reality of it is though.... If anyone reading this thread still decides to hire you... They were given fair warning.

Foxcover Thanks this.
  9. Billerd

Dec 16, 2011
    Colorado
    Not quite sure what that has to do with my quote... But okay.

10. Billerd

Dec 16, 2011
    Colorado
    Did Gary try to make a funny? Sure Gary, lets see some more pictures. But what would that prove? I sure hope that after being in business 30 years you have some pictures.

Foxcover Thanks this.
  11. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    This pissing contest is over.

Greg2014 and flatbedcarrier Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.