Beware of MHC Kenworth Dallas

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by DIESEL WEASEL, Sep 14, 2011.

1. belltransit

belltransit Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2010
    oak grove, mo
    i have an MHC dealer in kansas city mo too. i had a bad problem with my old truck a 2000 t6. i thought i had a bad throttle position sensor, replaced it myself and that wasnt the problem. took it to MHC they had it 24 hours charged me over $800 and said it was a bad wire between the sensor and the ecm. they couldnt find it so they ran new wires. truck never went back to them...i traded that truck for my 06 w900L. ive had it 4 months next month. its doin good i just need to get the money and talk to mr haney and have him work his magic on the ecm for better MPG.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gasienica

Gasienica Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Wow. Dunno were some of these mechanics get their certification from. Dunno how they can even keep a job still after doing something like that.

4. belltransit

belltransit Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2010
    oak grove, mo
    i looked at the website u posted canadiantruck. they look promising as to being able to do an upgrade...if u dont mind me asking what did they charge to reflash ur ecm or did u get a new ecm?

5. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I have one question about receiving all paperwork on the truck. Why didn't you have all that in your hands before issuing payment or signing any paperwork. I guarantee they would have got it for you if they was wanting their money.

The only MHC shop I have used is the one in Olathe, KS and they got me right in and repaired quickly and charged me a decent price. But have had bad luck in OKC MHC. MHC Kenworth and Rush Trucks centers are just bad news.

6. Pope54x

Pope54x Bobtail Member

May 6, 2010
    We have bought over thirty trucks from MHC Kenworth in Dallas they are great people and help whenever they can. Steve Ellington is the branch manager and is who we have always bought our trucks from. That man is the definition of class act. Jason Mims who worked there a long time was also a great guy he now works at San Antonio Kenworth. If they were a bunch of crooks out to get people then we definately wouldnt have bought over 30 trucks from them. There service department I can tell you about much we have our trucks worked on in our hometown.

7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    It's amazing how the treatment differs when you look at an outfit that's bought 30 trucks compared to the 1 truck sole operator guy. Of course they will treat you right, you've done millions of dollars in business with them. They don't care about the guys that upgrade one truck every ten years and they gouge us on parts/service to make up the difference. I got burned and learned a lesson. Walk in another man's shoes. That red carpet treatment sure must be nice.

joseph1853, Big John and DIESEL WEASEL Thank this.
  8. DIESEL WEASEL

DIESEL WEASEL Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2010
    You're right on....This was a trade, and I made the big mistake of trusting this people would come through with what they had promised...Obviously you can't. I have an attorney working on this and I will do everything I can to spread my experiences with this people to other owner operators I come to know and meet.:biggrin_25523:

Big John Thanks this.
  9. ghettochild

ghettochild Medium Load Member

Jan 13, 2012
    atlanta,ga
    My truck been in mhc kenworth Dallas north since monday for dpf issues. Recved call frm my travel agent that truck was ready lastnight. I called last night to confirm it was ready..get here this morning and the jokes on me..but 4 days for a dpf is a lil crazy

10. greg3070

greg3070 Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Victorville, CA
    True, but a company should correct the mistakes of their own. That's what the company is responsible for. We all understand an individual can screw up or blatantly omit something they are supposed to do. At that point the company needs to correct the mistake their person made. So if the company doesn't step up and correct the error then it falls upon them. If they make things right, then the company should be viewed in good light.

joseph1853 Thanks this.
  11. yes unfortunately MHC for Kenworth became stoops for Freightliner and rush for Peterbilt.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.