Beware of stoops Freightliner in Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Nacho0123, Aug 22, 2019.

1. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    what a nice weather outside ...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    That would be CIT Kenworth,I deal with the one in Peru IL, and there parts dept is absolutely worthless.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. the whole CIT chain. Volvo included..

5. 48stater

48stater Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Doubt anything will change, maybe they'll even get worse, but Stoops was bought out by Truck Country a few years back.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Have dealt with Truck Country for 30 years. When they bought Stoops i asked if they were going to change the way they operate. Was told they were operating separate.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. that's the problem..they're a part of their family but they operate separately they don't operate under truck country rules they still operate under the same crooked stoops family...
    truck country might be slow but they do quality work..
    that they've been slow for years going back to the late 90s is a far as I remember when I was driving FLDs around.
    because unlike McCoy Freightliner up there in Dubuque Iowa they are now truck country truck country just like Freightliner of Des Moines is truck country truck country...
    where is stoops is not displaying the truck country banner but operating separately still..

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    geez...like this ain't the first time i ever heard of that place, and they are STILL in business..???

9. Nacho0123

Nacho0123 Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2019
  10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    if i recall, and some other OLDER drivers might as well, there was a Stoops trucking company..

what i cannot recall if there was any sort of connection between the 2 businesses.

found it...the same owner, check the pics on both sites

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Stoops-Freightliner-Reviews-E963996.htm

The First Ever No. 1 Company

check all these storied dates as well

Big-rig seller Stoops to unload six-location dealership - Indianapolis Business Journal

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  11. it was part of the stoops family before they built a franchise it was always stoops out of Indianapolis they had a Freightliner dealer and they were also a part of what was known as BMC Burlington motor carriers..
    Burlington motor carriers were made up of four divisions it was stoops out of Indianapolis there was wtm the Wingate Taylor made out of Albany Georgia you also had Monroe out of Monroe Louisiana and I believe there was something else but I can't remember..maybe it was Monmouth Illinois or I might be thinking munson Trucking 30 plus years kind of takes its toll on the brain..but anywho what happened was they were all merged together the for Burlington motor carriers and they went basically belly up..
    but just like Quincy Mack is owned by mr. Jack Sharkey who also is the founder of STL Sharkey Truck lines those ugly green and yellow things out of Quincy and his other two companies that go along for the ride sisborro and core...
    it was only not until around chest after the turn of the century when stoops begin buying up other freightliner dealers such as Lima Ohio and up there on 69 this and Anderson or something like that that's now a stoops what they were all independent but yes stoops is owned by truck country but they let them operate under their own name still for some odd reason....
    and stoops Express Burlington motor carriers same exact ones that have on the Freightliner dealer in Indy forever

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.