Beware of Texas best towing!!! They are thieves!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Rich08, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Hollywoodsaint

Hollywoodsaint Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2020
    Hollywood California
    Just so you know, since you love guys like me so much....I was the one up there helping to removing the freight...and I was there re-loading in my trailer....yes total time of work was 5 hours you Nimrod! not counting the drive time for these guys which was 30 minutes from their yard.

When you ASSUME...you make an "###" out of "U" & "me" ....no trailer was not dumped on these individuals...in fact why would I let these guys get the scrap metal price for my trailer?

Your one of these know it all Tow truck drivers who in here trying to tell people what their business is....I own my own equipment and I know whats fair and what isn't

And you being a tow truck driver needs to be Government regulated so you stop ripping honest owner operators off...you are parasites, leeches that suck the blood out of the trucking industry. Kicks small companies when they are down.

And as far as insurance...you cant run legal without insurance...are you clinically insane?

There are honest truck tow companies out there but I can see that your obviously not one of them....I'll check your posts to make sure I never use your company for sure mr. smarty pants

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Absolutely correct.
    And to add to that the cost of a salvage title can sometimes be more than what you will get back in scrap. Also the labor cost of something that big that usually has to be cut up to go to scrap yards because they won’t take it like it is. Fuel tanks, batteries, tires, liquids of any kind have to be removed also. You either do it yourself or hire a “scrapper” with a torch and tools to do it for you at your expense because original owners insurance don’t pay for that part of it.

Pamela1990 and jamespmack Thank this.
  4. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Wow butt hurt much. Plus your reading comprehension leaves alot to desire. I no longer work in the industry.

As for insurance, no you do not have to carry insurance on a non power unit. Alot do not. There are even ways to be self insured on power units and guys do get away with no insurance.

But I assume a person in your intelligence level already know this.

Hope you were paid for your labor, and logged it.

If your well insured, why are you crying.

Flint1 Thanks this.
  5. jamespmack

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Yep, now you could have lifted that with a rotator and spreader bars. Placing a joe dog under it to transport to dock, or chained tandems to dollies with screw jacks to hold it together. Just every situation is different. Finger printing freight on the side of the road is normally the most expensive.

Flint1 Thanks this.
  6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Tow companies are regulated by each state…

jamespmack Thanks this.
  7. Hollywoodsaint

Jun 20, 2020
    Hollywood California
    my comprehension? are you ragging on my sentence structure? HAHAHAHAHA....

Bro, all im saying to you is i was there and was involved in the clean up. I was protecting my freight because I care about claims and I care about my customers. I didn't want it contaminated or damaged.

All I know is that I will never drive without insurance and why make an insurance claim and drive my rates through the roof

As you well know in this business sometimes you have to take a loss to keep your reputation which in this trucking service industry is everything, all you have.

I definitely have skin in the game.....Cheers buddy...im passionate about my work...I care

8. jamespmack

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Your either female or very young. Kinda the same. If your not gonna file a claim on trailer or cargo why do you have it.

Maybe the government can impose regulations on your trucking, how would you like that?

Flint1 Thanks this.
  9. Hollywoodsaint

Jun 20, 2020
    Hollywood California
    You must be blind or you have selective viewing. If you would have actually read my post instead of just scrolling through it you would know that I am old enough to be your daddy and I have been driving a truck since you were a twinkle in my eye.

The way you keep being argumentative tells me that your Mangina hurts or is irritated. Use vagasil my friend and take a couple of anti-flammatories for the swelling.

...Kirk out

10. jamespmack

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Good luck, guys like you as competition are a hoot. Ill leave, and the people brighter than a 194 bulb can make their own assumption. Sorry I dont coddle you and stroke your ego. Glad you have driven so long. I still learn everyday. Maybe someday, ill be legitimate with his own equipment and authority. Now take care Sir.

I'm just a 6 month lease owner op.

Flint1 Thanks this.
  11. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada
    My experience with a towing company was great.
    They drove an hour to where I was, turned around since heading the wrong direction, hooked my truck up, ran an airline back to keep my truck aired up, dropped the drive shaft, ran auxiliary lights and the wire all the way back to the end of my load of logs. I jumped in the tow truck with the driver, and had him drive well past his own towing yard, out to the mill. Pulled onto the scaled, got the gross weight, towed it to the log dump, where it was unloaded, redid the auxiliary lighting and wires some, we scaled out, then he drove it back to the shop I wanted it to go, and dropped it off. Super friendly, kind, funny, good conversationalist, and was now already 4 plus hours in on my call, and still had to drive 10 minutes back to his yard. Gave him my business email, to send the bill to.
    Well I was expecting a bill of $2,500 plus, maybe over $3,000.
    Next day, got the email, $1,638.
    I wrote a cheque for it, and the following week stopped at their yard in person, walked in, was warmly greeted by the woman at the front desk. Introduced myself, shook her hand, handed her the cheque, and told her what a pleasure it was to deal with their driver. She thanked me, said sadly he was out right then, but she would pass on my message to him. I grabbed a few candies from the bowl on the desk, and left. While walking back to my truck, a friendly older gent walked over, introduced himself as the owner, and asked if he could help me. I said no thank you, your driver towed me last week, and I dropped off the payment in person, and hoped to thank him again. He thanked me, and also said he would let the driver know I stopped and thanked him again. He shook my hand, and I left.
    Some crooks may exist, but many others are wonderful.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.