Big Charlie’s Virginia beach

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by ronjeremyjr, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    You can park at the Walmart in Chesapeake as well. Great wing joint next door

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    "Not sure where that is but thanks"

It's on Military highway and VA Beach Blvd intersection.

You can get there off 64 or 264 in Norfolk.

sealevel and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  4. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

So...your telling everyone to stay away from a place, you've never been to only read about on an app anyone can leave a review on?

[

I'm all for warning folks, but...at lest have first hand experience.

Don't eat Italian food. I've never had it, but it has to suck. This cooking site I go to has a lot of reviews about people not liking Italian food.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just find it rather odd is all...but hey...do you. Whatever works for ya...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sirscrapntruckalot - Up a paddle without a creek.

5. ronjeremyjr

ronjeremyjr Medium Load Member

Mar 6, 2020
    NY Tristate Area
    Well I avoid pay to park as much as possible why should I pay for a truck and freight that aren’t mine. And the only reason big Charlie’s is pay to park is to take advantage of the drivers who deliver there as there is not a lot of parking in that area. Why do drivers want to give your hard earned money and support these thieves at big Charlie’s.

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  6. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Yeah it wouldn’t have anything to do with drivers parking the truck or dropping their trailer and going home.
    Your company should reimburse for parking.

7. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    I HAVE PARKED at Big Charlie’s many times. I’ve not seen one lot lizard, or been panhandled one time. Nor have I ever paid to park there, but it’s been a couple of years since I was there. I can draw my own conclusions, thank you very much. If the OP could at least give an account of HIS experience there, it would be one thing. However, I do not take advice from internet trolls.

jsnell Thanks this.
  8. SavageMuffin

SavageMuffin Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2018
    MS
    I’ve been there quite a few times, once I was actually witness to a robbery there one night. All I wanted was to eat and sleep but nope lol I went to walk in and a guy came running out bag in hand. Lovely adventure that was.

9. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    No biggy. A guy tried to rob me one night at the world’s largest truck stop, about 10 years ago. A saw the guy comings at me in my peripheral vision, he came walking up and stuck his hand in his pocket and told me he had a gun and he needed my money. I says that’s nice, I need it too, and you ain’t got a gun, I saw you stick your hand in your pocket. He says F&$K! I can’t even rob anyone right! And ran off. My point is, I was not harmed, I slept just fine, and have parked there many times since.

10. SavageMuffin

SavageMuffin Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2018
    MS
    oh I slept like a baby that night lol it was just a headache having to wait on cops, give a statement etc.

11. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I had been to Big Charlie's several times back in the mid to late 90's. There was a food service place about 2 blocks east of there. Don't remember if it was Sysco or some other company. Anyway, we were told by dispatch if we went there to make sure we were back in the truck by dark. Seem's like it wasn't pay to park back then. Just a dusty rock lot behind the shop.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.