Big G Express Shelbyville, Tn So far........

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Tenn I See Trucker, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Tenn I See Trucker

Tenn I See Trucker Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    Ok picked up Mt. Juliet,Tn this morning and headed to Woonsocket, RI for Thursday, First load of the week, payroll ended at midnight last night,so I was able to get yesterdays load in so total miles were 3245 with 1.5 days off. Going to work this weekend so I should have another decent week, Went through Safety Lane at Mt. Juliet terminal and got 2 hats free.On the payroll subject, we have in cab scanning for all documents its awesome!Scan it in, they send you confirmation message within the hour.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tenn I See Trucker

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    If any of you guys have any questions about Big G, you don't want to air on the forum p.m. me and I will help you out. I am not a recruiter just a driver who's been kicked around for years,paid my dues and finally found a company that appreciates me.

tow614 Thanks this.
  4. rmunn

rmunn Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2013
    ok, thx for the info trucker ill be coming over to big g in august maybe we can cross paths sometime

5. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Better get used to those 1.5 day weekends they'll grind you down on those week after week. Same story with Titan, Nationwide & all the other regional dry van carriers in this area. Sometimes when it's really busy it'll be 1 day. Nature of the beast. When it's slow 3 or 4 maybe. Did that for over 10 years at one of them and it got really old running up and down I-81 in VA every week, sometimes twice a week, but I made a lot of money and have no regrets or anything bad to say other than the never-ending short weekends.

6. jaso36

jaso36 Medium Load Member

Jan 19, 2012
    West End,Nc
    I live in West End, Nc. Thank you for your help.

Be safe out there

7. Tenn I See Trucker

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    Oh I do those 1.5 day weekends by choice I can take as many days off as I want,(unlike some other Shelbyville carriers) but if the wheels ain't turnin you ain't earnin, I got a daughter starting at Vanderbilt this year, so I need some bucks......:biggrin_2551:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. Tenn I See Trucker

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    ALso things really changed over here for the better since they went Employee Owned, drivers have more input

9. Tenn I See Trucker

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    I forgot to call recruiting today, promise i will call them in the a.m.

jaso36 Thanks this.
  10. Tenn I See Trucker

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    Look forward to seeing ya I am in truck #1562...

11. Tenn I See Trucker

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    Made it to Rhode Island,long day time for bed....Get to unload at CVS, nice thing is they have a limited samount of overnight parking...so I will start tomorrow with a fresh clock

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.