Big G Express Shelbyville, Tn So far........

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Tenn I See Trucker, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Tenn I See Trucker

Tenn I See Trucker Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    Dont know about all that, fringe benefits I mean,but we do have some nice young ladies working here lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rmunn

rmunn Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2013
    ok thx for clearing that up thats great news

4. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    yeah there are definatly no trainers. When I did my orientation, the first day (Monday) was going over company policies, filling out paperwork, drug test, and road test. On Tuesday I had my truck issued right after lunch and delivered my first load Wednesday morning in Chicago.

jaso36 Thanks this.
  5. 8thnote

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Just saw the QC message about Big G buying Riverside Carriers out of Jeffersonville, IN. I'm hoping this will mean a new facility up there that will offer more amenities than the Clarksville, IN "terminal". Anyone have any info about possible new terminal in Jeffersonville?

6. Tenn I See Trucker

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    Yeah I heard they basically bought them for the contracts they had,also we will be moving Clarksville to their Jeffersonville terminal, apperently it has a shop and is larger.There is a letter on the bgedrivers.com website that explains everything.I haven't been on here in a few days because they are running me hard, which I like,went ahead and worked this weekend, I will have 3456 mi for the week when I get to PA. tomm, but then I will be dead on hours until I recap at midnight, but knowing them they probally have a d&h I can pickup at midnight lol

8thnote Thanks this.
  7. Joschmotrucker

Joschmotrucker Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2012
    TN
    Can you opt out of the per diem pay there or is it mandatory?

8. 8thnote

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    As far as I know, per Diem is not mandatory.

9. Tenn I See Trucker

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    Well lets see. delivered in Taylor,Pa. this morning at Sams Club DC, they run so much smother than Walmart. Deadheaded to Breiningsville,Pa to drop and hook, headed to NC for in the morning, then preplanned to Kentucky,working off recap hours so its a slow boat to CHina this week,but I should get 2600 easy.Going to work this weekend so I can take 4 days off around the 4th.I am also a ministry student and i have a preaching engagement that weekend,but Big G always comesthrough on my hometime when I have classes or a commitment.

Dinomite, jaso36 and jungHo Thank this.
  10. Tenn I See Trucker

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    Just an update, what I thought was going to be a bad week, because I only ran 7 miles last Monday actually turned out to be 3000+, and about $100.00 in detention an performance pay (local moves),Picked up Athens,Al. Friday went home Fri. night, delivered in Hazelton,Pa. Sunday (drop and Hook),loaded Lewistown,Pa,yesterday and am sitting in dock getting unloaded in Charlotte,not a bad weekend,and I was home Friday night.

11. dss68

dss68 Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2014
    thanks for the info and Im applying now

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.