Big G Express Shelbyville, Tn So far........

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Tenn I See Trucker, Jun 5, 2014.

1. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    You will be getting a report in the mail detailing your total income and what it breaks down in c.p.m.
    This is a nice report..

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Night Prowler

Night Prowler Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    Well 2 months with CRST. Trainer was a nut job now so is my codriver. 6 more months and my contract is fulfilled. We have a 2014 cascadia 380 k miles. Runs good. It has a fridge. We hit a deer last nite tore up front end and the break booster ? Sorry tired can't think of the name but it broke off the Axel of the trailer and is hanging. Waiting on shop to call. Heading to okc for a new tag deer ran off with mine. Then on to komifornia and the land of 55 mph. Codriver is rather off drinking or gambling how I don't know. He only had 9 bucks. That's all for now can't wait to be able to call BigG

xlsdraw and tow614 Thank this.
  4. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Hang in there bud..

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  5. Night Prowler

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    That's what I'm doing hanging in. It's all good. I'll get thru it. My first trip was mostly solo. I was in Riverside codriver was in Dallas. Loved the time alone. So far the miles are good. We'll see how that plays out. Still can't back worth a darn. No practice time. But I'll get it. Take care all I'll pop in when I can. Stay safe !

6. Night Prowler

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    Oh an you folks were right about truck stops being a race track
    Slow down people.

tow614 Thanks this.
  7. Livininabox

Livininabox Light Load Member

May 13, 2011
    Has been talk of Big G looking at adding cameras in the fleet. I have verified with shop and safety about them looking at adding cameras.

No details on forward facing,driver facing,audio..this will make my departure swift if it comes to be.

Safety confirmed they are looking into them but what kind and how intrusive I could not get info on, I inquired after a recent hire went thru orientation and it was mentioned all new trks will have cameras, I was taking him to recover a truck.

My departure from this industry may come sooner than I anticipated, the lack of professionalism I see daily is mind boggling as I actually care about the job I do..and the masses will allow this ######## to continue..

As I did with Crete I will voice my opinion loudly and directly..time will tell

/rant off

tucker Thanks this.
  8. Livininabox

May 13, 2011
    To be clear..I have zero issues with outward facing cameras

Inward and audio..Hurray for me and #### you !!

9. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I spoke with safety earlier about this and they assured me that Big G would never have driver facing cameras. I told them I would clean out my truck if they did.
    The cameras they are telling orientation about are the ones that read traffic signals,speed limit signs and such.
    They said they had considered forward facing cameras but put it on the back burner since they had so many other things going on.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  10. Livininabox

May 13, 2011
    I have zero tolerance on this issue as I spoke with safety today about it.

Airbreeze , was anything mentioned about this or explained when you went thru orientation...I specifically brought this up in orientation in May and was told no plans on cameras in trucks.

It is a sore subject for me as Big G does a lot right, but this would bring my tenure here to an abrupt halt..My truck is in the next batch of turn ins as I was told this today from the shop, any surprises will find me packing.

I'm keeping my cool but I will pass along anything I find out good or bad.

11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    driver facing cameras actually are more detrimental to the company than most of these companies even seem to realize... All it takes is one ambulance chasing shyster attorney to see the video of a driver and look for any little thing to go after the company for money for... That's why Schneider has told me the legal department over here has said no way to the driver facing cameras but they are looking at this year installing the forward facing cameras in the company trucks... Which is a lot better that protects the company more than driver facing cameras in my opinion .

Air Breeze Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.