Big Loads - Post Photos Number 2

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by truckdad, Aug 3, 2015.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    To be dumb means that you don't know any better. To be stupid means you do know better. Intelligence is required to be stupid.

Orangees and Big Don Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    that genius you blame. is it the same genius you see in the mirror every morning. I think I have seen him too!!!

truckdad Thanks this.
  4. macavoy

macavoy Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    I agree with your definitions. Back when I was 24 and worked my way up to being the GM of a small town sawmill, I seen how happy at life the low paid laborers were. That amazed me, it didn't make sense.

Here I was rising to the top of the rat race and I was jealous of people living probably near the poverty line.

I had intelligence then, but I took 10 years off life and killed my "potential", But I'm happier no longer fighting my mind saying go for the top, fight every fight.

I'm happy not wanting more and just being good at what I do.

It's weird because there is a balance. I was upset at my demotion but on the other hand, I can also now be happy with the frills that the demotion gave me. But I still have the same work ethic that I was taught, even though I'm not driving the truck I want, I started off driving an old run down rollback, but my rollback is the cleanest truck in the fleet.

Take pride in what you do.

peterbilt_2005 Thanks this.
  5. truckdad

truckdad Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Penn Valley, CA
    Mac, there is nothing wrong with rollbacks. I drove this one once in a while from 87-90 then ended up buying it in 93. I needed a small truck to move forklifts & it fit the bill. And, it always seemed to go where no truck went before, always in hard to get places. I hauled for the USFS & got into some places that would make most men wet their pants. Rollbacks can do a lot of different work if a guy really knows how to use it. Get after it & make yourself the best rollback driver in your area, buy one for yourself, & let it make you a great living. IT CAN!!

rollback.jpg

6. macavoy

macavoy Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Truckdad,

I agree with you. I was upset for a day last week but I am not a quitter, I didn't get where I am by whining & complaining.

My rollback is the cleanest and shiniest truck in the fleet. I know I got where I am so quickly by putting my head down and working.

When it was slow, I decided to shine up my truck and be proud of the rollback I drive IMG_20150916_090649472_HDR.jpg
    Left is after pics and the one on the right is washed with just soap

OkieNotFromMuskogee Thanks this.
  7. Heavy Hammer

Heavy Hammer Road Train Member

May 1, 2013
    In purgatory
    Depending on how you load it, no big deal at all...unless they want you to lift it so they can pull the tracks & track frames, or put them on on the eother end. If neither of those, easy peasy! If either one of those, can't be done on a deck.

Rontonio Thanks this.
  8. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    I bet she beats the hell out of him!

Big Don and johndeere4020 Thank this.
  9. Did you get your jeep back from trailer guy's?

Been wanting to see what they did to fix it. Or if you have posted. Let me know and I'll rummaging to find the post?

10. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    It b was actually my booster and after 6 weeks I finally got it back a
    Late august. Trail king took the axles from the first one and transplanted them in the second one. The first was built as a slider and was significantly heavier. The replacement is fixed and weighs 1500 lbs less.

peterbilt_2005 Thanks this.
  11. It was late drove all day, couldn't think booster. Lol kept thinking of @passingthru69

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.