Big Loads - Post Photos Number 2

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by truckdad, Aug 3, 2015.

1. truckdad

truckdad Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Penn Valley, CA
    Send me a pm with your business card, & I will give it to the guy that bought my business. He doesnt do out of state work & I will see if he will send you some business. might not be much but what the heck. I used to send all the calls I got for out of state work to Sherman Bros. cuz I knew a guy that pulled for them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Will do

I will send it to you in the morning

I thought of you and your 777 pic when I loaded that 769 in AZ

truckdad Thanks this.
  4. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    The last 2 days have been very hectic. My 1/2" chains got a workout. In 2 days I moved a JD 824 Loader, CAT 972 loader, CAT 980 loader, Komatsu 200LC Excavator, 2013 KW dump truck and a grader. That was my first time in a grader and had it moving towards the trailer in less than a minute. Setting the blade on the deck was another story. Man there are a lot of levers on that thing that move the blade any direction imaginable. Now I just finished loading a 350 JD excavator for delivery Monday morning.

Did not get photos of anything except the 350 I just loaded. Dropped the trailer and bobtailed back to the shop.

[​IMG]

Rollr4872, catalinaflyer and Rugerfan Thank this.
  5. macavoy

macavoy Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    That's what I like about doing local work. 3-8 loads a day, more exercise that way.

I've hauled our grader about 5 or 6 times and every time I still have to play with every lever to test what they do

RollinThunderVet and Dominick253 Thank this.
  6. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    It would not be bad, except the trailers are old and starting to show it. I probably spent 2-3 hours Thursday fighting the neck to get the pin to pop back through so I could drop it to reconnect. It needs about 1/4" added to the bottom of the plate so the hole is even with the pin and the plate for the mouse trap needs to be replaced as you are 1/2" behind the pin when you trip the trap. When it is in the 90's it just pisses you off. Today was 65 so not a big deal to me.

7. truckdad

Dec 14, 2014
    Penn Valley, CA
    140M, ###### joysticks, cant see out of it, cant use controls when standing & with the GPS poles, one door must be closed when the blade goes down on the deck. No good anchor points. I miss the 12Es &Fs. grader.JPG

nate980 Thanks this.
  8. macavoy

Jan 3, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    That does suck, I hate when you have to put up with old / faulty equipment.

Speaking of the weather, you know what I learnt this week? After baking for 3 years under the Texas heat, I learnt that you don't sweat nearly as much if you wear a wide brimmed hat. They need to add that tip to the PDF they give to people moving to Texas with the list of things you need to do to register your car in Texas.

I find it so awesome how truckdad can join any conversation mid stream and chime in with pics. I love story telling and a picture is worth a 1000 words and truckdad has a 1000 pics, that's too much math for a Sat night 1000x1000

9. truckdad

Dec 14, 2014
    Penn Valley, CA
    Hey, I'm old Mac... lol

RollinThunderVet Thanks this.
  10. macavoy

Jan 3, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Your probably the youngest guy at heart on this forum.

tsavory and MJ1657 Thank this.
  11. truckdad

Dec 14, 2014
    Penn Valley, CA
    Here is a 660B, son of Cats 666 & distant cousin of truckers report, 666. This truck belonged to a good friend of mine & I was drivin pilot car for him at the time because my left forearm was in a cast. (more on this later). This was around 1984. The truck had a Cat 1693, predecessor to the 3406B. Some of the older guys will remember that these engines sounded like a cement mixer full of 1" nuts! The 8' spread on the basket dolly made turning sharp difficult & the rear axle had to be pulled down REAL tight lest a tire would try to climb out of the basket and I saw this happen once with a guy draggin a 651 on a 90 degree turn. Blocked the intersection for at least an hour. This pic was taken in San Luis Obispo, CA & the only person on this site that might recognize the location is BigDon. That hotel in the background is part of the Madonna Inn. 660.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.