Biggest Complaint as a Truck Driver

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by farmerjohn64, Jul 8, 2020.

1. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    This, absolutely. There’s a word that perfectly describes drivers who speed up when you try to pass them, but the profanity filter here won’t let me share it.

:cool:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Biggest complaint, being lied too...

farmerjohn64 Thanks this.
  4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    The word "open",,,

nredfor88 and farmerjohn64 Thank this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Parking is never an issue. All I need is 63 feet worth of space. Now whether it's a traditional spot, I dont have anything to do with that lol

farmerjohn64 Thanks this.
  6. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Well, that's somebody who ate too much truck stop slop lmao!!!!!!!! He needed to have waited an hour before going back to his truck the night before

Crude Truckin' and farmerjohn64 Thank this.
  7. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    You want just one??? Ok..... It really really irritates me when a big truck is directly behind me with their high beams on!!!! That little blue light on your dash, means you are blinding people in front of you, going in the same direction and the opposite direction.

I have to add this as well... When boneheads don't turn their headlights off while backed in to a dock, or parked across from the docks.

RockinChair, tommymonza, rachi and 4 others Thank this.
  8. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    There's quite a difference of opinion about that.
    When we arrive at a job site to pick up a piece of machinery it's supposed to be ready to go. If the tracks and undercarriage are full of impacted mud and rocks that will fly off going down the road they have to be cleaned. That's agreed on by everybody.
    Everybody that hauls construction equipment in this area does it the same way.
    90 percent of the people we haul for will at least make an effort at this and it's appreciated.
    The other 10 percent do nothing at all and if the driver has to spend any time cleaning we bill the customer for it. The customer then usually screams like a gut shot bobcat.
    Too bad. If his operator had the time and opportunity and stood around with his thumb up his butt while our driver did his job for him somebody is going to pay.
    We've lost hauling over this but after the customer has pulled the same stunt on everybody else in the area that hauls machinery they come back to us.

rachi, Mike2633, TripleSix and 6 others Thank this.
  9. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Ahhh that would have made me so mad. I'm a reefer driver myself. I'm not much a fighter, but that's grounds for a beat down. You dont mess with someone's money. It was a good thing your buddy felt it go off. Some people may have slept through it and product would have been damaged. I will get out of bed quick when it shuts off from continuous mode. On a side note, that continuous mode makes for the best sleep for me!!!

JoeTruck, nredfor88, TripleSix and 3 others Thank this.
  10. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    My biggest pet peeve is picking up a pre loaded trailer with noticeable defects, bad tires, lights, missing mud flaps, the works. Things that dont take long to fix. I never drop a trailer at a customer if I know something isn't right. I'll get it fixed, so the next driver dont have to waste time under a load. We all have to learn to help each other. Those are little steps that can help your fellow company driver, then it translates to helping your fellow drivers on the road.

11. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Weigh Stations? I must’ve won the lotto because from Wisconsin all the way to Wyoming I hit maybe 2 weigh stations that were actually open and the other 5+ were closed during the day

201 and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.