Biggest pet peeve???

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jolokia, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    #2 is easy enough to solve...don't drive governed trucks! Of course if the megas have their way and they convince the FMCSA to govern everybody, then you'll have the guys with brand new tires creeping past the guys with older tires...no pass shall be completed in less than 50 miles.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
    Jimmbuds Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
    Oblivious 4 wheelers has to be number one. We're the biggest vehicle on the road and they act like we're invisible.

4. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH
    I read threads like this and just shake my head. If I were to never drive a truck again.....I'd miss ALL of it: the good, bad, ugly.......there's no ONE thing that jumps out as being intolerable........I drive for myself, love my truck, my customers and the country I get to see.

You COULD brush your teeth in privacy......ANYWHERE but a public restroom LOL....water IS portable these days. Hating your job is no way to live. If trucking isn't "for" you........you need to find happiness. I can't imagine NOT driving.......it's all I ever wanted to do. It saddens me to see men work at something they hate; and in some cases are not good at.

Badmon Thanks this.
  5. TruckerPatrick86

TruckerPatrick86 Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Central Florida
    Lets see. For pet peeves I would have to say DOT, lack of truck parking in some areas/few spots at certain truck stops, loads not ready on time, etc.

6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    man you caught me and I thought I was safe lol... I gotta find better words for explain my displease for certain types of people.

instead of curse words I'll just call them Werner drivers, that's more derogatory anyway :biggrin_2559:

7. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    My biggest pet peeve is when I have my hands full coming out of the truck stop and I ocd back out of doors (even with hands empty)

Some dude grabs the handle.

I usually respond by swinging around and kicking them with my boot on purpose.
    Most of these idiots stand RIGHT in the middle of the walkway.
    Trying to make me fall down are ya! Oops... Sorry.

Ppl taking my paper towel if I crank it down then don't crank one back down. So I have to repeat the hand washing process.
    Called manners ppl.

I get more upset by that than anything on the road !!!

8. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Grown men relieving themselves in the parking lot. Throwing trash in the parking lot.

Cars and big trucks passing then slowing down in front just so they are in front and not continue with the speeding to give me my safe zone again.

People not using turn signals.

Inability of merging. I think that's because most people aren't familiar with zippers just Velcro. :biggrin_25523:

I do like to drive. I really enjoy talking to the shippers and receivers to learn about all the different businesses I go to.

9. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    I hate takeing a dump on public tolets.

I also hate drivers who park in fuel island or on side of lot in the way when there are empty spots available (like during day)

10. gpsman

gpsman Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2013
    45212/59759
    "Steering agents". "Truck drivers" never bothered me... but they're so few and far between...

11. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    The mother ####### bull #### #### sucking 30 minute rule!!!

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.