Biggest signing bonus in tight labor market

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Shackdaddy, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Yep they are all dying.

a local tv station has a streaming service and it posts a lot of live filler segments on the service, one segment they were interviewing people in the icu and er. One person they interviewed said she was in a lot of pain, felt like dying, can’t breath without help and so on - she looked that she was in bad shape. The interviewer asked her when she got covid, and there was a long pause like the connection was lost then patient said “what the ‘BEEP’ are you talking about? I’m in here because I was stung by a bee and went into ‘antifascist’ shock, I couldn’t afford the pen thing to save my life … almost ‘BEEP’ died … I don’t have the covid” that’s where the interview ended,

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    That's the under 30 crowd in America for you. This Country is DOOMED!!!! We will be a 3rd world dictatorship very soon. All by design.

God prefers Diesels and bzinger Thank this.
  4. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    I was recently job hunting and immediately dropped from consideration anyone with a signing bonus. The minimum weekly pay guarantee is a red flag also.

5. Lucky12

Lucky12 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2019
    In their defense, it's a step up from talking about which jails or prisons have the best food, which is what they used to be most concerned with.

6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Almost all of the sign-on bonuses are paid out over a year, sometimes more. I think US Express.offered a massive bonus, but it was paid over 10 years.

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  7. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    $2500.00 SIGN ON BONUS*

*$250.00 per year for 10 years

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  8. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    ABF offering ten thousand dollars paid on first day. We are not having trouble retaining drivers at my barn. Lots of people retiring.

RubyEagle and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  9. BDT6472

BDT6472 Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2021
    You have to sign a two year note. That’s the catch.

10. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Guess I could try them again as well. Lots of LTL/Linehaul, as well as fuel gigs. But still plenty of catches that will end up having your application rejected any way.

11. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Sometimes if you are getting the sign on bonus you have to waive the regular company bonuses for that time period.
    Probably not worth it if you are making decent miles.

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.