1. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    I wish the top bunk would be an option. But since I pretty much live in my truck. When out on the road. I've got the catwalk as my only option. Plus even there I have to worry about trailer swing. Really from a box I have had strapped down there before. I know the biggest issue I'll have is the handle bar width. But I think with the front wheel off and those turned side ways. It should work. Just want it secure. Plus I'll need a cover. Unless I want it covered in road dirt.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Yea trek does those special paint schemes each year, made it easy to tell. I have a orange 19

4. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Montagues are very good quality. Mine has seen 7 years of being a truckbike

5. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I put an average of 1000 miles a year for more than 10 years on the bike I mounted on the headache rack. You can usually figure out something similar attached to the bracing for the stacks.
    IMPORTATANT; Whatever you use, make sure you either bag the bike or cover it securely.
    The wash, particularly in the winter will destroy them. The easier it is to get to and use, the more often you will be likely to use it.
    I cannot stress how many times my bike came in handy for more than just an occasional joy ride.
    Do it....

6. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana

There are 2 Allen screws on the handlebars. Loosen them, turn the handlebars 90 deg., either way depending on needed clearance.
    Tighten them. Every bike quick tool has the right size wrench. No need to remove the wheel.
    Adds extra clearance AND any body who tries to steal it is going to have a heck of time riding it....

handlebar rz.jpg

7. merv85

merv85 Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2020
    Dallas, Tx
  8. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Thanks. Sorta what I was thinking about with the bike rack I posted from Amazon. Though he for sure needs a cover. Because for a new bike. That looks old.

9. h82bbad

h82bbad Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Michigan/ Chattanooga Tn
    I have a lectric 2.0. Folded up in passenger seat. Works well. But in thinking of building a regular man bike in and electric. For more speed,power and range.

10. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Take a look at the EUROBIKE,,folding mountain bike 26" frame. Storage in the bunk more feasible. Folding bikes have evolved

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    BlueThunderr and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.