Bison Driver Finishing Program

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Inder99, May 7, 2024.

1. Inder99

Inder99 Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2024
    Hello Everyone,

I just saw that Bison opened their Driver finishing program and I applied. Can anyone tell me how long does it take to get a reply back and how is the program and pay structure?

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Oh boy. No one has anything good to say. You have to sign a contract for 2 years. They own you and run you for the whole month. Home time will be minimal. You leave before your contract is up, they sue you to recover costs.

Magoo1968 and Albertaflatbed Thank this.
  4. BLBurton

BLBurton Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2022
    A redditor reported that they given a lesser per milage rate during stage 1 and 2, and then give you a lump sum of what they witheld during your program. If you bail before that, they use whatever they withheld to cover their expenses they incurred.

Other redditors reporting its a $2000 fine if you leave within first year, $1000 if you leave before 2 years. But they did give it credit for being a good finishing program.

Not my words, just a quick google to offer insight.

Albertaflatbed Thanks this.
  5. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Accurate however,

With the slip seat schedule, poor planning, slow trucks, constant safety harassment, and free work, you won't make enough money to survive for 2 years. You also won't learn anything about trucking, all you will learn how to do, is drive as long and hard as possible without violating the ELDs, while pissing in bottles to save time. Its literally a rolling sweat shop, and there is nothing good to be said about it.

So, enjoy going through that meat grinder.

6. oriden953

oriden953 Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2012
    winnipeg, MB
    what is your home location? Depending on where you live and your situation, Arnold Brothers Transport has a mentorship program. This is how I started my career many years ago. At the time it was only a 1 year contract and this mentorship was a valuable asset to my career. The company itself has plenty of freight and opportunities. I would recommend it over Bison, even back then Bison was not very good for new drivers and continues to be the butt end of the joke in Canada over all.

Also, don't go to AgirFresh or what used to be known as Agritel. They are more of a sweat shop than a Chinese toy factory.

Magoo1968 Thanks this.
  7. SmoothBore

SmoothBore Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2011
    The Desert

This is literally the job though?

8. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    No, its just how the big and scabby companies like Bison/Pride/Swift/TransX etc etc etc do things. I've had the misfortune of working for 3 such outfits, and the pleasure of working for 2 amazing outfits. The difference is night and day, and I could write an entire book on the contrast between the 2. I'm hoping with this freight bloodbath that has been going on for a year now, that the majority of these horrible companies meet their end; and things can start anew.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.