Blind load, weight difference and hazmat

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by CDL CPL, Aug 13, 2018.

1. CDL CPL

CDL CPL Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Iowa
    So we have picked up what the broker calls a blind load. After doing a little bit of googleing I now know what a blind load is. My question is about the paperwork. We picked up in Arkansas but the BOLs say some BS address in IN. Now what happens if we (knock on wood) were to get pulled over or into a scale and they see IN and we are in AR. Won't that throw up a few red flags? And the weight on the papers is almost 8000lbs more than what we actually have. I don't like the sketchiness of it all and won't be doing these blind loads anymore but the broker failed to mention it was blind until in route to the shippers. I guess I just wondering if all these lies are ok on paper? Anybody have any idea? Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    No one here has a good answer as I have asked this question before.

If I picked up a shipment that was only 100 miles away from the receiver but the "blind" bill shows it coming from a location 500 miles away, how much is the shipment getting billed for?

CDL CPL Thanks this.
  4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Its common practice. If you are that worried about dot, just make up a blank bol with the ship to address.

5. CDL CPL

Aug 14, 2017
    Iowa
    And what about the weights being totally off..also upon reading a bit further I find out it's pesticide..does pesticide require hazmat?

6. CDL CPL

Aug 14, 2017
    Iowa

They are billing it for 500 but you are only getting paid for the 100..I think it's all BS..we can't lie on paper and shouldn't be able to either.. greed is what it is..brokers gotta dip their hands in it as much as possible the robbing bas**rds

6wheeler Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I lean towards yes.

Edit.

I tend to do one thing that I have done a time or two in the past that caused no end of trouble on principle. That would be to return to the shipper and tell them, unload it all. And forget the whole thing.

My advice to you is not to do anymore of these loads if at all possible.

Federal Hazardous Material (HazMat) Requirements – Pesticide Environmental Stewardship

mtoo Thanks this.
  8. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    In that instance you're only getting paid for the hundred miles but the broker is billing for the full five hundred, plus whatever it would be been the other direction to the address on your paperwork I would guess.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    How does the broker get paid more? He's paid from the actual pu to the actual delivery. Do you really think that everything you buy is made by the company you buy it from? Lots of product is "sub'd" to other manufacturers and then drop shipped(blind bol)

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  10. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Blind shipments are used to conceal the supplier from the end user in Ag.

Eg: Load of corn is blind shipped from Cargill, but you are given a Central States bill to deliver it to a feed mill. Central States does not want the mill knowing they could obtain the corn, probably much cheaper, directly from Cargill.

Sometimes it has to do with contracts a supplier can nhm ow meet so they will buy from a competitor to fulfill contract but do not want customer knowing they would have failed.

Reasons vary. Anytime people choose to conceal their actions I tend towards not dealing with them.

Hazmat is simple to look up. You should no that.

11. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    If it's the same broker both ways they're getting paid to ship it one way and then back the other thats the only reason to do a blind bol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.