Blind to the shipper

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Lite bug, May 4, 2024.

1. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    A broker sent be a load and on the rate con had instructions about who I was picking up for. I have not seen or picked up loads like this since 2009. What is the reasoning for blind to the shipper ?

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    If you are selling a product to a customer, you don’t want them to find out from you are buying the goods from. They may skip you and go direct to the source and save some money.

I do these type often being a produce feller.

4. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    You handled the boom boom in the MC ? Thanks for the information I thought it was something like that, may have other reasons also that’s why I asked this in the Brokers section.

5. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Yes.

6. PPNLE

PPNLE Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    As @Short Fuse EOD the most common reason is to obfuscate who's getting what from whom. I do this for a couple of wholesalers I work with. In one case, my customer actually doesn't want their vendor, who is notorious for poaching customers, to know where the product is going. The concern is that said vendor will cut them out of the middle.

7. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    That is exactly what I thought. Thank You

PPNLE Thanks this.
  8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve done a few double blind loads. First time was a bit confusing. Especially when the Consignee asked about the blizzard in Colorado. Had to think about it for a minute. I had loaded in Louisiana. Lol.

PPNLE, Deere hunter and Lite bug Thank this.
  9. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Lumber is good candidate for this.

A sales company buys a lot of lumber from a variety of mills. They then sell this lumber for a very profitable price. They want the customer to continue to buy from them, but they don’t want the customer to know exactly where it comes from, they want them to think it comes from a stock/warehouse the seller has.
    Or some variation of this idea. It’s all about the money and who is making the profit.

Will not even get into the double brokerage or third, fourth party element. That opens a real interesting can of worms.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.