BlueParrotts NEW!!! VXI Xpressway Bluetooth Noise-Canceling Wireless Headset

Discussion in 'Truckers Forum Sponsors - Supporters Forum' started by Global Trucker, Jan 15, 2010.

1. workingklasshero

workingklasshero Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Well I bought the B250 XT about 8 months ago and I am a convert. The incoming volume and call quality are superb, just top notch. My concerns are over about enough volume in the big truck.

I answered a call in my truck a few months back and asked to call them back after I put the headset on. When I did, the fellow (it was a tense business call, not with a friend) remarked how crystal clear I now sounded as opposed to using my Blackberry only. With just the phone the cab noise was significant, but with the Blue Parrot he heard nothing.

I have a convertible and tried it there (top down of course), with results no other headset has ever come close to. The same as in the truck, nobody can tell. Off brand or whatever, this headset rocks for call quality. I don't have any problems connecting to my Blackberry Tour. It connects first time every time.

The "look" of the thing put me off at first too, but I don't give a #### now that I have used it. I don't where it outside a vehicle though. :)

OT: Plantronics has a cool test number that you can call. It immediately replays what you say back to you, allowing you to evaluate the quality of your voice/headset in different conditions. Pretty cool of Plantronics. It's a playful chick on the line too.
    415-408-5288.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    I bought mine a year ago, Iwas off the road for a few mths,an let the battery go dead. my thinking was no big deal ,just charge it back up:biggrin_25513: Well that didnt work.... so i looked online for a replacement battery for the b250xt.....i had to call Vxi ,they esplained to me i needed to ship it back to then along with a check for $59.00 for a replacement battery, or stop by a peelot or loves and puchace a new one for $69.00 0n sale right now? This is due to the battery is not available..but only thru them......Haveing already bought this item and all there other batterys can be bought online for $10.00?????? As far as it's capability, it works great when it's charged

4. ADRENALINEJUNKIE

ADRENALINEJUNKIE Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2011
    I have this headset. The sound quality is the best i have heard. However i hate the fit of it. The only adapter that is semi comfort is the around the ear piece. Every time i go to use the thing i have to monkey around with fitting it on my ear. I actually just broke the piece that flexes..

Anyone else have fitting issues?

5. freedomisntfree

freedomisntfree Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2010
    fontana, ca
    the best jawbone headset was the first or second one they came out with .... they had such good noise cancelling. i used it even at a bar with music...( my gf didnt even know i was there :biggrin_25514:) the following versions for some reason werent as good.. i have the second to newest and not impressed. usually they get better ..

6. Thpbltblt

Thpbltblt Light Load Member

May 18, 2011
    Dacula, Georgia
    I've had this particular model for a long time, and it works great for me. I've talked to my family, friends, other drivers, and dispatch and had no problems hearing anyone or anyone hearing me. I've even had people ask if I'm still there when I stop talking, because it's so quiet. Battery life has been good. I tend to wear down the phone and have to charge that long before the headset. Over the ear clip is pretty useless in a truck, what with all the bouncing. Over the head and behind the head both work fine for me, but I prefer the behind the head band.

7. MexicoTrucker

MexicoTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Saltillo, Coahuila - Mexico
    Just bought one of the BP Expressways and people on the other end say they hear echoes of their own voice. Had the same problem with the new BP 250XT which I returned for the Expressway.

I'm using it connected to a T-Mobile G2 smartphone. Never had the problem with the old style BP. Anyone having similar issues?

8. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

Well I have had mine for a few years now. It still works great other then the battery is starting to get weak. Talk time has greatly diminished. It is fine for quick convos etc but if the wife calls and wants to chat then it ends up shutting off partway through the convo and I have to plug it in and recharge it.

I wish it would not turn off when you plug it in to charge it.

Everyone can instantly tell when my blue parrot dies and I switch to using just the phone. They say I am so much clearer on the headset then without it.

I did notice another issue recently. No volume or it is very quiet when I am roaming up in Manitoba. I can't hardly hear anyone and the volume control won't let me turn it up enough to hear anyone until I get back into the states.

Another thing I am not fond of is that my phone doesn't like to be connected to a blue tooth. It kills the battery three times as fast as when it is not hooked to a blue tooth. The battery on my phone will last 2 to 3 days when not connected to a blue tooth but it lasts less then a day when connected.

I am seriously thinking about going back to a wired setup since I only use it in the truck. When I get out of the truck, I leave the headset in the truck and just carry my phone. People look like dorks walking around with any kind of headset or ear peice stuck to their heads. My first thought when I see them is "supertrucker" LOL.

9. Joe Brad

Joe Brad Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Houston,TX
    The Blue Tiger is the best headset hands down. I had my blueparrot 3 months then it crashed on me.:biggrin_2552: The Blue Tiger is great waay better than that blue bird.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.