Bolt Goat goes for the green with SAV Express

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by UturnGirl, Oct 24, 2021.

1. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Yeah... that is one thing I'm going to have to go back to doing. Cold. Ick. But there are goods and bads with every job. FB_IMG_1603495567874.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Jack is looking a bit frosty, there.
    20210731_034643.jpg

Vic Firth, Speed_Drums and UturnGirl Thank this.
  4. Zangief

Zangief Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Jags Fan in Viking Country
    @UturnGirl, best of luck with SAV Express. I live about 20 minutes from their home base in Coon Rapids, and they sound like a good company. Here's hoping things work out very well for you with SAV.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  5. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Good luck interested to hear how they are as a company

JolliRoger Thanks this.
  6. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Just getting acclimated. A few false starts, drug test results took forever so SAV kept me in that nice motel and paid me $150 a day layover for 3 days. Can't beat that if you're stuck.
    They have an agility test that is a pain in the butt but I blew them away with what a 70 yr old texas lady can do. All they kept saying was, "wow"
    They gave me the raggediest volvo they had on the lot and I am disgruntled about that. Plus I told the shop 3 times this dog has old batteries and starting issues. I got patted on the head and told, now now dear, we've checked them out and you'll be fine. So I felt vindicated when the thing gave up the ghost in spite of getting up in the middle of the night every night to charge it. It cost them a jump and 4 new batteries from the truckstop. But don't mind me. I'm just a silly female. Grrrrr.
    Anyway, they reduced the airleak i told them about so that it takes 2 hours to dump it all instead of 10 minutes. I hate it when the shop treats me like dumb blonde, but they usually get over it after they get to know me.
    In the meanwhile. I'm being told they're getting a nice truck ready just for me so hold on.
    I'm doing a run from Minneapolis to Reno to Sparks and back to Ohio so this week will have some nice miles on it.
    Bolt Goat likes that they keep 2 company cars to borrow for going to the store and whatnot. He went shopping and is happily munching on snacks.
    So my report is a Mixed bag. Still waiting for things to settle down. I think its going to be fine.

7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    you'll find that Iowa people are nice.
    I know. I grew up there.
    Happy trails!!

8. Zangief

Feb 19, 2011
    It sounds like you just need to get into the swing of things and everything will smooth out for you UTurnGirl. The old truck is kind of a given when you are the new driver. If they can get you into a nicer, newer one soon, you will hopefully be rolling along trouble-free.

How do the SAV trailers look? Are they in decent shape?

One nice thing is that those runs to Nevada and Ohio are pretty sweet! Lots of miles, and that's awesome!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    UturnGirl, Speed_Drums and bzinger Thank this.
  9. Zangief

Feb 19, 2011
    Any advice on that agility test? Did you have to keep your heart rate and/or blood pressure below a certain level while you were doing it?

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Give 'er hell, UTurn!

11. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Got him said.

UturnGirl and stuckinthemud Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.