Bolt Goat goes for the green with SAV Express

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by UturnGirl, Oct 24, 2021.

1. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Yes, indeed. Bolt, who identifies as a He-goat, says this is a very Goatly truck, as evidenced by how everything is designed for a much bigger person. You have to be 6 feet tall or jump up to the upper bunk to see your face in the vanity mirror. ")

dwells40, LoSt_AgAiN, JoeyJunk and 3 others Thank this.
  4. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Nope no cabinet but the table swings out and extends to 3 feet. It is very convenient.

MIT, dwells40, LoSt_AgAiN and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Nice ride, U Turn. Now you two go out and make some money!

dwells40, Bumper, JoeyJunk and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    @UturnGirl ... congratulations on your new "adventure" in a new outfit. Hope all goes well and that is a great match for you all.... including Bolt Goat... :)
    Don't want to deviate from the topic but would like to thank @BeHereNow97 about the opt-idle comment...
    I have lived in a truck with APU and now considering going to a company that uses opt-idle... Everything the company offers seems great, including the pay but they only have opt-idle... :angry2:
    So far this was the second comment I read about this opt-idle and I don't think I would like that... makes me very uncomfortable when truck is shaking while I am parked...
    All the best to you all and stay safe!!

BeHereNow97, dwells40 and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  7. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I agree. So far I've used the espar bunk heater in this truck and I've used them before and they're great. However, come summer, i will be using the idle free which, when batteries get low, will fire up the truck. I'm waiting to see if I will jump out of my skin when it does that.

8. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Thanks all for best wishes. Here comes winter and the holidays. Let's all stay safe.

9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    My Cardinal Cascadia, Ryder Lease, has a ThermoKing APU on it, and not one but two inverters mounted inside. None of the three actually work. Truck idles so I am not worried about freezing to death but I would like to be able to use my microwave. Gonna take it in next week and have it looked at. 270K miles on the truck and it runs better and stronger than any of the new trucks I have had in the past five years. Hands down the best. Whomeve had it before me has taken very good care of it. I have heard it is going at 300K so I wont have it long.

bzinger, UturnGirl and dwells40 Thank this.
  10. RubberDuck473

RubberDuck473 Light Load Member

May 2, 2021
    Texas
    Is Sav an "out and back" outfit, as in out from MN to wherever and right back to MN? Or are they more OTR, as in Out from MN to wherever, from wherever to wherever, etc etc, then back to MN?

11. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Haven't been with them long enough to say for sure, but they do tend to circle back to Minnesota as a matter of course.

Lonesome and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.