Booby trap on a trailer, can you picture the accident?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by iceman32, Feb 1, 2015.

1. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Can't tell from the pic honestly....would have to see it in person....my gut tells me its superficial...but I'm not there...and I would never advocate taking Anything unsafe out on the road...and this is not an old skool new thing....so lets not make it that....
    The real answer is "If there is a safety issue...then don't move it...BUT...ya must be sure there IS a safety issue"

and from what the pic shows its a guess...you would have to know the vertical brases are corrupt&that pic doesn't really indicate that....nor can we tell what type if wagon it is....any heavy insulated wagon could get hit like that and it only be cosmetic...but a standard dry box...plywood lined a smack like that could bust EVERYTHING on the inside....so again much more info needed...

As for me...I wouldn't pull it...but everyone knows I'm a snob...and it looks like crap...heck I wouldn't pull that wagon w/out the crease...
    I got a reputation to maintain....:). LMAO

windsmith and skootertrashr6 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Here's an example of what can happen when any part of the trailer skin fails:

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
    DoneYourWay Thanks this.
  4. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    yeah doubtful his trailer axles played a part in that either, being they were in the last hole, and the load appears to stop a good 8-10ft before that.

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  5. Ukumfe

Ukumfe Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2008
    All I see is a busted up trailer. I see nothing in that video showing me what it looked like before it busted. You can say all day long that the skin failed, just like I can say all day it was eaten by a chupracabra, with no proof, what we say means little to nothing. :biggrin_25519:

Joetro and misterG Thank this.
  6. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Yea I've seen hoppers do that from being way overloaded

7. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    you used to see potatoes all over the cross bronk in the 70's
    i suppose 50000 loose spuds from Aroostook County Me
    might be too many on a 40' 25 year old dry van :biggrin_25521:

8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Yeah, I just don't buy this without knowing what was inside. I saw a wagon buckled like that, they had bottled water DOUBLE STACKED. I've also seen cheese loads ( at a company from Wis. that shall remain nameless) that were double stacked too, and made it. Here's one that didn't make it. Coming into Chicago once, near the Loop, everything comes to a stop. (nothing new) As I get closer to the "problem", I see all this road gravel on the highway, but no dump truck. Get closer, here's a van trailer with the floor broken out and the trailer was filled with road gravel. They must have had 80K lbs. just in the wagon.

9. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    3 years ago I got a 20 dollar card for subway when I saw a non English speaking driver pull into a regular customer... He had hit a yellow pole somewhere in winter and destroyed about 15 feet of the bottom rail and had 6 crossmembers sagging due to no support.. I ran inside and banged like crazy on door till forklift driver angrily came over I told do not go into that trailer till he goes outside and looks at it you should've seen his eyes when he saw the damage lol

10. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Not buying it. That trailer had a serious structural problem with the frame just in front of the tandems obviously.

Shaggy Thanks this.
  11. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I believe I would stay away from this one

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.