Boots for wide feet and wide calf’s

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by stacks, Sep 27, 2020.

1. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    I have been wearing Redwings for close to thirty years. Go to a Redwing store and have them size your foot. They will have a boot in store that will fit perfectly and last you 5 plus years. Cost you around 200 bucks. Pretty good investment when you consider you put them on your feet everyday.
    Don't buy the online Redwing boots. They are made in China. Have to go to a brick and mortar Redwing authorized store to buy the ones made in the US. I am sure there are better boots made, but I will be buried with my wings on.

jamespmack and stacks Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Whites are the way to go, with the pins in my ankle, I can't wear my old boots, so I asked them to make a pair for me, they said sure can so I picked the model I wanted out of the catalog, they told me what to measure, i did and I got them fast, most comfortable ones I've own yet. Wasn't cheap though $670.

A freind who has a similar problem with his ankle and foot, he went to texas to get his boots made, sure am pretty things with the hide and engraving but he said they are uncomfortable in both the wallet and on his feet - they cost him $1100 when it was all said and done.

TNSquire Thanks this.
  4. Danny707

Danny707 Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2019
    Wolverines size 14 W wore them in my 11 years of construction and now trucking with no problem !

5. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I went red wings a couple years ago, and they are pretty solid. I do need to have the toe cap looked at, though. I scuffed it a few times on the catwalk, and it is quickly becoming a hole.

I have heard spectacular things about White's. If I'm not satisfied with red wings' shoe repair, I will be getting a pair of those.

6. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    My father was born and raised in East Texas. Except for his time in the Army just before the Korean war and a few years after lived there until the very early 60s. My father always wore regular off the shelf boots. I guess he had the foot for them. He also was wounded while in Korea and lived the rest of his life with a small piece of shrapnel in the ball of his left foot. He always told me his foot bothered him more with anything other than boots. I am like you on this. I never drove barefooted or with just socks on. I did drive most of the time with either a pair of tennis shoes or slippers.

Edited: I also later in my career knew when to have proper footwear on based on where I was going. Just to unload at a grocery warehouse I stayed comfortable!

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's socks at Walmart Online Shopping: Extra Wide Socks
    [​IMG]

8. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Those are some WWIIDDEE socks. My thighs aren't that big!:D

9. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Lol My Dad was buried in Red Wings and Bibs. Grease still on the boots.

stacks, sealevel and Chinatown Thank this.
  10. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Jamespmack....... I never met your Father.......but I'm sure I would have liked him. :D

jamespmack Thanks this.
  11. BigDaddySlimTim2019

BigDaddySlimTim2019 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2019
    Dockbumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.