Brokers Should Be Prosecuted For Price Gouging!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Wombat63, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Wombat63

Wombat63 Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2018
    As per usual the brokers (yes I'm generalizing) are trying to take advantage of the owner ops...
    Thankfully I have my own customers but I needed a load out of Columbus OH to get back to LA because my customer was short...
    I can't hardly believe the rates they're posting loads for... Wish there was a way to keep track of the gouging they're trying to pull right now... The worm will turn after this crisis passes and there will be an over capacity of freight to trucks, they should be punished the way they're punishing truckers... they are lower than pond scum imho...
    Seriously though, isn't this price gouging?
    Retailers get nailed for it, why shouldn't they!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Um, here is the deal, they are not "price gouging." They are "low balling." Price gouging is when you charge a huge price for an item during the time of a crisis. As long as drivers take the loads, they can do it. With in reason. At some point it doesn't even cover the fuel, so no one will take the load.

4. DoubleATrucker

DoubleATrucker Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Agree they drop the rates as much as possible we run produce and even that took a hit this week.
    some loads paying a dollar a mile!

Rideandrepair and Andreybanyuk Thank this.
  5. Wombat63

Nov 3, 2018
    Pure semantics, they are Price Gouging, the point I was trying to make is that they are prospering from a crisis, if we were not in the middle of a crisis the rates would be better...

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Your customer was short, there's your answer.

Too many trucks chasing too few loads, and you're one of them, driving down rates.

Doubt brokers are prospering. Fewer loads, less comission, and on a cheaper rate to boot.

7. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Honestly, you don't know the full picture. Some brokers might be only profiting on it. Some brokers might also be passing on the savings to the shipper. As these are hard times. So to lump "all brokers" into taking advantage. You can't. Times are gonna be tough for everyone. If it is a rate you don't like. Turn it down and move on to the next offer. Brokers have to make a living, too.

8. Wombat63

Nov 3, 2018
    Didn't take a cheap load mate, so no, I'm not driving rates down!

Deere hunter and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  9. Wombat63

Nov 3, 2018
    As I said in the OP I am generalizing, yes I know there's some good guys out there...

Deere hunter and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  10. Wombat63

Nov 3, 2018
    I can almost assure you the drop in rate is NOT flowing down to the customer... Hope you find the good stuff out there.

11. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    Heck, I thought this thread was going to be about fat chicks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.