Boycott Lumpers

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by JRStout82, Jan 16, 2024.

1. fishonron

fishonron Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2017
    North Central Kansas
    That was me back in the late 70's.
    I'd usually make between $60-$120 a day and always done before noon (great cash gig for a teenager).

I'm glad I had that experience as the work ethic of getting up early to get the work done played well into my 30+ years of building/remodeling houses that would follow.

Not just that but mostly it was a territorial thing.
    I was the youngest one around and was constantly harassed, mostly just big words on the CB that amounted to nothing but I did get my butt kicked once, and another time after finishing a load I came out to find all four tires on my 65 Impala had been punctured with a knife. I was out there for about 3 years.

Fun times...

broke down plumber Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Sure ya can just stay home and don't deliver...that'll show em!!:cool:...companies hire lumper services so they don't have to deal with lazy ### employees who don't show up half the time and don't want to work when they do..I've seen plenty of places that load/unload their own product that are worse than lumper services...as for companies paying their "hard working folk" a decent wage. Unloading freight is not a skilled labor,.in most cases its a step up from entry level at most. You earn higher levels of pay by bettering yourself and moving up the ladder in whatever your given field is. Your supposed to start at the bottom..if you owned that business would you overpay employees to fill a position when it's cheaper and less headache to hire a third party company to deal with it??.... as for boycotting.. good luck lol ya can't get two truck drivers to agree on the price of a free cup of coffee!

4. broke down plumber

broke down plumber Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2024
    how are the knees , back and shoulders after those 30+ years ?

5. fishonron

fishonron Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2017
    North Central Kansas
    Trashed, and that's why I started driving a truck.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  6. broke down plumber

broke down plumber Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2024
    yep me 2 boss , here in a few months , if the market doesn't completely collapse.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.