Boyd Brothers: B'ham Bound

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by bill3_us, Aug 9, 2013.

1. w4cdw

w4cdw Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Chattanooga, TN
    either or, i think all the dispatchers there play favorites in my opinion

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bill3_us

bill3_us Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Benton,ky
    TY for the added info. My truck #8091, it's in Cincy.. Luckily I have previous flatbed and glad the comb-tarps have the 5ft drops.. Many times I had to use a lumber tarp w/ Maverick becuase of 6 inches short on the sides. My FM is Jeff Nathan.. Seems like a great guy, up front and had very useful info for me. I hope to run 2 wks @ a time, but will see how it goes.. I hope I get mainly coil runs and steel, but will do it all when given to me. Lumber is ok, just a pain in the butt sometimes. Gotta take the good w/ the bad, thats just truckin. Hope you'all have a great weekend.

4. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I knew that truck as I had 8191 for my second truck until the EGR recall and had a boost leak.

5. daddy2twins

daddy2twins Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Southeast Georgia
    Does Maverick allow you to put these in their trucks?

6. bill3_us

bill3_us Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Benton,ky
    Well been 2wks out and getting 2300 mls/wk.. Mostly lumber from south to the north, then steel from north to the south. Not bad at all, though did have to run over my hrs last wk to get home. Was sent to AK steel w/o appointment given as open pick up.. Found out on arrival that needed a appointment and after multiple calls to fm, finally received one at 1700.. Not bad, but ak steel is slow and was informed while waiting in the bay that they were on "union required" break. Didn't get loaded, secured, and tarped till 2130.. had 2hrs left on clock and had to be home for court the next AM at 0900.. Needless to say, drove straight through doing load checks and all over my HOS. Kinda upset me that I informed my FM 2 wks ago about the court date, and he screwed around with my loads and caused me to have to do what I did. Otherwise my time here at Boyd has been good. Good team work at PU areas and delv. w/ other flatbedders. Home until tom. for labor day, then delv. tue. morning.. Will leave out tom. around 3pm to get to consignee. Truck is running good, loads have been good, and miles good. Will ask to come in this next wkend then go out every 2 wks. This will out me home every 2 wks and at the same time as my wifes weekends off. If any questions, just ask. Will try to respond as quickly as possable, and internet connection allows. Anyway, drive safe and be careful out there.

7. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Hopefully Kevin sent you the cheat sheet for AK Steel. Which one did you go to?Leipsic, OH is a fun one, especially at night.

8. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    That's US steel I was thinking about, sorry. Three question test.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.