Breach of Contract

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by lstFreebird75, Jul 17, 2019.

Should I file a Lawsuit?

1. YES

81.8%
  2. No

18.2%
  1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    There should be a section on the contract that covers this. I know you don’t want your business out in the public, so send a PM to Mr @Ridgeline and see if he wouldn’t mind looking it over for you and help you to make sense of the lawyerspeak language of the contract.

But from my understanding, if we have a contract, you’re not going to be able to change the terms on a whim.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Fine print....

"Terms subject to change"

In other words...

This paper ain't worth wiping with...

4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I have never had a contract, that the payment amount and schedule wasn't set up in it, I mean, what good is a contract for if it doesn't cover this.

5. lstFreebird75

lstFreebird75 Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2019
    Yes 299 per for 113 weeks

6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I never had one set up weekly, I would go over the fine print and see if I couldn't figure out why they would be able to do that.
    I do know in the rental property business, the rules are different at least in some states, between weekly and monthly rates. It is easier by far to evict somebody on a weekly schedule, for some reason.

7. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    The answer is in the contract. You must read the WHOLE thing, not just the part where you think the answer is. My best guess is it is somewhere in the contract. That says conditions or terms subject to change upon written notice. But like others have said, a trip to a lawyer to read is best. Or maybe spend $45 join ooida. They will have thier legal staff go over it and give you the correct legal answer.

8. yes indeed as a life member I recommend to join and call ooida..

9. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    You should consult an attorney, immediately. You probably have a limited amount of time to respond to their changes.

Also, why don't you post the contract and their letters to you?

10. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    You want legal advise call a lawyer, If you signed an arbitration agreement, take copies with you they tend to be binding.

11. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Six, I have a lawyer for that, I get bored reading contracts. I know a lot but lawyers do that better than I do.

To the op, and for others get a lawyer TO READ THE CONTRACT BEFORE YOU SIGN IT and have the lawyer flag specific parts of it that can catch you in a trap.

Oh and yes you can sue but the problem is finding a lawyer who will take the case,

TripleSix Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.