Breach of Contract

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by lstFreebird75, Jul 17, 2019.

Should I file a Lawsuit?

1. YES

81.8%
  2. No

18.2%
  1. Ridlingdj

Ridlingdj Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2018
    How should I know we didn't read your contract

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    I lost two houses in my life over situations where the bank just decided to change the program. They say you cant fight city hall. Well city hall and every lawyer in it says you cant fight the big bank. They do whatever they want and win every time. Break the law? They write the law.

So do whatever is best for you once the gloves come off is how i dealt with it. Bad credit was gonna happen either way. On a whim they wrecked my lifetime of flawless credit and early payoffs.

I was on a neighbors porch maybe 6 weeks ago, 2nd time i met him. Truck driver, lease to own tractor from a shark finance company, its in the driveway. Hes always had bad credit. He signs on with a bonus company, then puts the cash bonus on a no credit check truck. So hes got the phone on speaker on the handrail.. First person at finance company that picks up, literally a secretary.

"Hey this is jerry so-n-so in ___ tennessee, ive got this 2015 prostar [ or whatever it was] "

Okay, yes jerry what can i do for you?

"Hey, that lease ive got, thats a walkaway anytime lease right?"

[Stumbling over her words, kinda startled] no absolutely not. It is a lease to own, you have to keep it for the full term.

"Well, i hurt my knee and cant drive anymore so i cant pay for it. Hey what address do you want me to bring that truck back to?"

She stumbles some more, gives the address, they say thanks and goodbye. It was about a 50 second call. My mouth was hanging open. 2 weeks later he brings the truck back and they completely released him. He got his next company to bus him from the town he dropped it off, to their orientation. No kidding, i witnessed it all first hand.

I have a buddy who is a bigtime repo guy out of memphis. Mentioned it to him and he said happens all the time. The finance company will spend quite a bit trying to recover. Beware that the repo industry is electronic now. Tinted commuter cars drive around loaded with equipment just pinging license plates to sell the data. They troll the truckstops late at night. There wont be anyone looking for your vehicle by description but there will be many random ones looking for your plate. When they find it theyll block you in and call the law. Seen it twice at pilot.

Once you let them know youre gonna be a non-paying repo situation who is willing to outrun them as long as possible, you have a lot more leverage. I would play hardball, let them know they have two choices. I defeat the GPS and run the truck to death until they catch me in a year or two, or they release me and i bring it back to them safe and sound immediately without them missing a dollar. Chances are theyll ask nicely for you to bring it back.

4. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Good luck in court....cough...

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

"Some guys on the internet said you owe me back pay and a $100,000 bonus. I'd like that in singles. I'll wait."

6. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    question is what will you do with all those ones

faux_maestro Thanks this.
  7. Stubby T Slapnutt

Stubby T Slapnutt Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Call Timmy the torch, leave some of your crap in the truck, so it doesn’t look like you did it. Walk away.

not4hire and tscottme Thank this.
  8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Destiny, Cinnamon, etc, etc, etc

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.