Bridger transportation, any info

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Thai, Jul 10, 2014.

1. westtexasbred

westtexasbred Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Sound good..thanks for the info., Good luck with everything..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. makoman21

makoman21 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Watford City ND
  4. Tankeryanker66

Tankeryanker66 Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2014
    I've been hauling oil for years and decided to come over to bridger to give it a try(was not a good idea)
    lets start off on the hire on Processes once I (everyone I know too) filled out the on line app took over two weeks to get a reply. The only way i talked to some one about my app was had to run down the aom and ask him what the deal was. Once I got approved they flew me out to get so called trained. Been hauling oil for over 7 years but was going to keep a open mind. Once all 23 of us packed into two vans to go to the training yard our so called trainers FLEW (between 80-95mph)to the yard almost got into a head on over it not impressed. But like I said I was going to keep a open mind. The first two days we all sat around no training took place. The third day we broke in to two groups to learn on gauging tanks and loading. This is where I knew things were not good. The trainer didn't show the group how to gauge (work the oil). I got the joys of training 12 ppl. wtf I'm here to learn lol. The tanks we went to they were doing got work 60 feet from the tanks trainer was on top of the tank texting. Ok fast fwd to today back in oct I ran 6 whole loads that's right 6. Bridger can't keep work FYI they get it haul it for 3-9 months and loose it. Be warned you will charge you a full lease payment even if they don't have the work they will give you work if you want it be good luck seeing your family been away from home 3 months now. They say there is no work in Colorado but keep hiring guys and giving them new trucks and trailers.

5. bbq247365

bbq247365 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up! Really glad I made the decision not to go over there, I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way. I have a close friend here in West Texas with made the decision to go over there from everything what he's told me he's really having a hard time actually making money. Primarily because the poor dispatching but heck it's hard to get ahead when you have a $7000 month payment. Anyways I hope it all works out for you guys and him as well, but I just don't think the whole lease operator thing is designed for the little guy to get ahead.

6. Tankeryanker66

Tankeryanker66 Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Yeah hard to pay that much or something that you will never own. When I brought it up was told that's the pice of doing business and I quote if you don't like it there's the door don't let it hit you on the ### on the way out. There were guys that owes bridger 4500 in oct. Wtf never seen a place charge you to work for them. Sad really

7. bbq247365

Oct 19, 2012
  8. bbq247365

Oct 19, 2012
    Really is a sign of the times more than anything. Congrats on making it out in one piece. What are the job prospects as a company driver up there in Colorado hauling oil? You ever thought about relocating out here, most of the reputable company's have more work than they can handle.

9. laserman

laserman Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2012
    shreveport la
    I have been leased on with Bridger for nearly 3 years and have only had 1 negative settlement. In November '13. It was by choice. Just like any other owner operator program it's not for everyone. Yes the trucks are expensive but people complaining about that should walk into a dealer and and see what a new truck lease would cost then put hydraulics on it. It's strictly a big boys club. You have to realize that you have fixed expenses that will eat you alive if you're not working. I've watched quite a few guys look at what a load pays and think man I'm gonna make a killing. But they never track income or expenses and don't realize they can't afford to go home early every day and take 3 day weekends. Yes the dispatch in west Texas is F'ed up but you can make it if you work it. And no my seniority doesn't get me anywhere. The dispatch out there gave me the same #### on stick regularly. Again it's not for everyone and it definitely ain't easy

westtexasbred Thanks this.
  10. bbq247365

Oct 19, 2012
    Not doubting what you say at all, your right it's not easy. As for what you can get walking in cold to a dealer, I don't know, I haven't ever done that nor do I have any intention to do so. Lease operation is just not for me. Hats off to those who at least try, more than I can say for my self.

11. laserman

laserman Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2012
    shreveport la
    Just wanted to respond so interested parties would have information. Yes they can be chicken ###### but they also pay extra lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.