Bringing my dog OTR: What to bring/What to expect?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by b l a c k b e a r d, Dec 1, 2014.

1. b l a c k b e a r d

b l a c k b e a r d Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Great post. Thanks for the info! Water bowl is great idea. Will get one soon. My dog loves to ride. His energy level has Slowed down. Just like me ha ha. We like our walks then we like to just sit and observe. He is still playful too. The favorite tug toys will be coming.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lexmark

lexmark Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
  4. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    i found some older pottery bowls in an antique shop in San Antonio and the one I use for water has the lip kinda rolled like that. I love them as they have some weight to them and don't move around.

b l a c k b e a r d Thanks this.
  5. moraramis

moraramis Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    Hurst, is that a milk crate you put in the floorboard of that jump seat to prop up the other end of that dog pillow?

6. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    No,..

I took a sheet of plywood, used a garbage bag to make a template so the plywood fit snug up to the dash, door and back of the seat. Then I used velcro strips to hold legs on the front. Needed to do it that way because if I screwed the legs on it wouldnt fit through the door and on the seat. I then took her doggy bed from home and tossed an old comforter blanket on there so she would be comfortable.

Hurst:smt111

moraramis Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.