Broker is threatening with freightguard report

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Lukas1531, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Lukas1531

Lukas1531 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Who me? I got my own authority and yes in order to invoice the broker I would have to have a new revised rate confirmation with TONU.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lukas1531

Lukas1531 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Thank you. I wasn't that worried i told him to feel free to report me so i can respond to him, just wanted to see wheather anyone had an experience with bad report and what does it actually do.

alds and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    You invoice for services rendered per the written agreement whether they send a revised RC or not.

alds Thanks this.
  5. Lukas1531

Lukas1531 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    And here lies the problem he's going to refuse the payment without me knowing and if I have gone through factoring company that 2-3% I would never have gotten back. Therefore it's much better to have rate confirmation with TONU agreed upon. I don't know what you're trying to tell me but the way I do my business works for me and I have never had an issue with getting revised rate confirmation.

Siinman Thanks this.
  6. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    It’s really kind of unbelievable that a shipper would even tell someone just calling about a load that they loaded 3 days ago when you have no dealings with let alone that they even knew how much a broker payed a different carrier to haul it and if they did know I highly doubt even more they would just tell someone calling that information

7. Lukas1531

Lukas1531 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    ?
    Where have I said any of that?
    We called the shipper right after we got it canceled what 3 days are you talking about?
    And how have you come up to that conclusion we asked shipper any other questions besides whether or not our pickup number is ready to go? You assume a lot my friend.

larry2903 Thanks this.
  8. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    If he puts it there, then it's there and you have to deal with it. I heard you need to have a brokerage MC# to access it and read what they wrote about you. Looking at the matter objectively, it could be damaging to some degree. I'd rather give a load to someone who has nothing there vs someone who is known for outbursts of anger. If I was you, I'd hope that that thing is overrated and not everyone looks at what's there.

9. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    ....and that's why you always get burnt on accessorials. You said it yourself that this has happened many times in the past. I guess you like getting stolen from. You get your terms on the rate con. You invoice. And if they don't pay you file a claim on their surety bond.

This is something that obviously bothers you so correct it or stop crying about it. If more carriers were out here running an actual business and not rolling charities the rest of us wouldn't have to work so hard to fix the damage you cause to the industry.

The fact that you're using a factoring company also makes you look bad. You don't even have enough money to float a couple months worth of invoices.

RefMata Thanks this.
  10. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Your right you said 2 days later not 3 as far as the rest of what I posted maybe you should go back and read your original post.maybe I’m mis understand if you called the same day and give them the pu numbers they said it was a good load you obviously had a rate confirmation why didn’t you just go load it

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  11. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    "I contacted the shipper load was ready to go he just sold it to a cheaper carrier"

...those are your words.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.