Broker, Journey Freight, Kirkland, QC

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by true blue, Jun 4, 2023.

1. true blue

true blue Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    Any of you US Carriers haul any flat/step loads for this broker out of Quebec - Journey Freight?
    I'm wary of any Canadian brokers, esp out of QC.
    Want to be sure I get paid and in a timely manner.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. true blue

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    Well, I didn't get my answer on here, but I got it through experience! Broker Jose Miguel Gonzalez, 888-632-1252, extension 3612, (BRANCH MANAGER ! ??? - REALLY?) for Journey Freight International, Kirkland, Quebec, posted a transformer load for a step deck out of Houston, TX to Misenhiemer, NC on Sunday night, 6/4/23. Sent him an email that night to which he responded Monday am. Gave him my MC and told him I was empty. He was very slow in responding but then got an email for the broker contract, which I filled out online promptly. Slow response again and he finally asked for my ETA. I told him once I get a rate con, I'd give my ETA (not sure of where pick up was). He took an hour to respond and wanted my trailer number, cell of driver and dispatcher and I sent him info telling him I'm both and gave him my trailer number. Tried calling him a couple of times and left a vm, but no return call. Half hour later I contact him again and he says he's at a meeting (????!!!). WTH! I told him I was in Baytown and he could figure my ETA from there. He never responded again. BIG FOUR HOURS WASTE OF TIME! And he's a BRANCH MANAGER???? I've had my own Authority since 2000 with $500K Cargo and no bad inspections or accidents and no damage claims ever, so there were no issues on my end. BAD BROKER!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
  4. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Do you normally give brokers that much time? IMO, time is money. If I make a deal on a load (unless I know the broker), i'm huntin another load after 15 minutes waitin for a rate con

beastr123, TripleSix and cke Thank this.
  5. true blue

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    You can be sure I was keeping my eye on the load boards. Just so happened that flatbed only freight was the large majority of the posted loads (most needing 4' pipe stacks as well) and I had a step deck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.