Broker just lies like a rug

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by TRS Group, Mar 5, 2020.

1. TRS Group

TRS Group Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2018
    PETE PFEIFFER
    AFC LOGISTICS, INC.
    1346 HANNAH AVENUE
    FOREST PARK, IL 60130
    This dude just gave a bad review. This was the situation I booked a load from Holland Mi to Stoughton Wi that was supposed to be 'building products' that according to the broker required 4-6 ft tarps. When arrived at the shipper it turned out that the 'building products' were actually double stacked wire products with sharp edges all around. The bundles were palletized and staked very wobbly. Stacked they stood around 8 to 9 ft tall, 22 stacks in all that would've taken up the entire 48ft flatbed. So this load required 8 ft drop tarps. If I had known that 8 ft tarps or wire products were involved I would've not even bothered taking the load. I'm not climbing 9 ft up with 2 100 lb tarps and unstable base ...I'm not stupid. If I fall and break something the broker doesn't lose ..I do. Safety is unimportant to them. Now this dude said I cancelled the load even thought we both spoke to the shipper and decided this was not a safe load. He tried saying i was at the wrong address then agreed to pay the TONU but then turned around and started to say go back once I was 40 minutes down the road. Anyways I was going to go back but I got my bumper ripped off by a hotshot driver, he asked for a pic which I sent. Then he lied that i didn't send it. Then he lied and said i was 'extremely hostile' toward the shipper ...man the shipping manager was cool and so was the dude that was going to load me. Some brokers are pure scumbags ...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    I wouldn't sweat his review. Life goes on. Chalk it up as a bad day and move on. If you can write a rebuttal and maybe tell your side without sounding unprofessional like he did.

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Put them on the #### u list and call it a day. Plenty more loads out there , dont let it get to u.

Dave_in_AZ and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  5. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Honestly? If I was curious enough, I'd probably just ask you about it, hear your side, and go, "Okay. That makes sense." Odds are pretty high I wouldn't even bother asking.

Freightguards and bad reviews don't generally get me too fired up as a broker. Where I care is when I see a note in our system on your carrier file where you caused a problem, or if those freightguards or reviews indicate something like you took a load hostage or you double brokered the load out. Then I'm going to do a little more due diligence before I book with you.

KB3MMX, Dave_in_AZ, AaronP and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Odds are if most brokers were like Pete you would not have a job. No disrespect intended.

PPDCT Thanks this.
  7. TRS Group

TRS Group Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2018
    What really got to me is that he made it seem like I was a complete douche. He stated that I was extremely hostile with the shipping department. That's what pissed me off. I went in there spoke to the loader and the shipping coordinator about the load expressed my concerns. Now getting my bumper ripped off at the fuel station didn't help either

KB3MMX and PPDCT Thank this.
  8. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Mama said there'd be day's like this. I'd just put it behind me and on to the next load, tomorrows another day. You can't control what other people say & do, just what you do. Sorry to hear about the accident too, just another problem on top of an already bad day...

JimmyTwoTimes Thanks this.
  9. AaronP

AaronP Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2019
    I know this company as a carrier, don't see a brokerage authority...what is the MC they brokered to you under?

10. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Look 'em up in SAFER, they're in there, it doesn't appear that they've been established too long either, go figure...

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.