Brokered a load, gave fuel advance, load got double brokered.

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by aj72941, Mar 1, 2018.

1. mladen86

mladen86 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Chicago,il
    This happened to me few weeks ago. Did you book a load with Christin trucking or something like that,out of NC?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. g2727

g2727 Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2018
    What is the carrier name?

4. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Yeah, that's been about how it goes in my experience. We're back and forth on rate negotiation for a couple of minutes, and then, "Oh, do you guys do fuel advances?"

It's a touch irritating, because we do an ACH transfer for ours, and that means there's a bunch other steps we have to take.

5. REEFERman450

REEFERman450 Light Load Member

May 3, 2016
    Just started a similar policy.... 10 load minimum or until my money is good... Either way it helps me sleep knowing that if I'm getting screwed.... I'm not totally getting screwed.

6. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    If you feel the need to pay just under 2% of the linehaul to guarantee you'll get paid 40% of the rate you probably shouldn't do business with that broker. What kinds of brokers should you do business with? Perfect credit is sufficient. Nothing less. This business is way too low margin to be taking credit risk on top of everything else.

EDIT: Direct customers are a little bit different assuming they are paying you the same rate they would be paying a broker. Part of what the broker does to earn his cut is to take SOME level of credit risk. Not a lot mind you, but some. Obviously as a broker this means that customers that have no credit risk at all (thankfully most of mine are in this category) you should be willing to work for a little bit less.

But yeah when it comes to stuff from brokers off the load board credit risk is totally unacceptable.

7. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    I should have added that the last broker I dealt with was in 1982, I had to go to his office and p/u the check(s). I have been retired for a little over 10 years, and don't care for the changes and CDL mill drivers, glad I made a good living, and a stable retirement, don't think I could put up with it today.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.