Broker's rates....

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by OscarGoldman, Mar 26, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OscarGoldman

OscarGoldman Light Load Member

May 9, 2022
    For those that use brokers. Why does it matter to you on what the shipper pays the broker, if you get the rate that you are happy with from the broker?

For example... Shipper pays broker $2500 to move a load. Trucker takes load from broker for $1500 and is happy with the rate. Does it really matter if the broker made a $1000 on the transaction?

Brettj3876, D.Tibbitt, lester and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jubal Early Times

Jubal Early Times Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2022
    It matters because they would have asked for money if they thought they could get it. I think most people bid loads to a price they think they can get. Not the price they want. They bid low then complain when they get their low rate.

4. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    If you were a shipper would you be happy to know the broker is keeping 40% of the cost off the top to have your load moved?

mitmaks, Dino soar and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  5. 07shaker

07shaker Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Tx
    Same question applies there. If the shipper is happy with the cost of moving his product why would he care who keeps what. Obviously the shipper is free to shop around and see if he can find a better rate but if he has a broker that gives him great service and the rate is workable he will likely stay where he gets good service.

6. OscarGoldman

OscarGoldman Light Load Member

May 9, 2022
    Nope.... Don't care as long as the product arrives on-time and damage free....

Gridaxe5588 Thanks this.
  7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I’ve used a broker twice, once to ship a pickup to South Dakota that I purchased in CA and once to ship my vehicle from Oakland to NE when I came back from Hawaii. Both times I was happy with the price I paid and the service I got from the drivers. I couldn’t care any less what they got for hauling the vehicles.

8. Kenworth6969

Jul 3, 2020
    You smell of being a broker yourself.

As a shipper why you be happy overpaying for something that be done for less?

If trucks are moving loads on this lane for $1500 I'm sure many brokers would be happy to quote shipper $2000 to get the job done.
    Rather than you Mr greedy broker wanting to shaft the shipper for $2500.

mitmaks, Dino soar and snowwy Thank this.
  9. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    It doesn't matter what broker got for load. I bid on a lot of loads before I get the one that works for me. I don't under bid just to get the load unless I am trying to get somewhere in a time frame. Then it is my fault for doing it cheaper then I should, but I am ok with that since I needed to be at a certain place and time.

10. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Who cares if I contacted you to move my freight what the cost is. If I did not like the price I would go to someone else. No different than bidding on a job on the boards. I give them my number and they take it or leave it and I move on or do that job.

11. Kenworth6969

Jul 3, 2020
    What i do have issue with is brokers lying to shippers saying it would cost many multiples more than average get a load moved then coming to me and saying $1 per mile is the best they can do. That $1 a mile is all they got in it.

Any party getting bent over and lied to is not cool

mitmaks, Dino soar and Siinman Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.