Brokers Think They're Doing US A Favor

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by freight-time, Jan 19, 2016.

1. River-driver

River-driver Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    If a freight brokerage is that pointless, then I guess carriers can call the shipper themselves, and haul the freight for retail price. If the carrier does not have the skill set to make phone calls, and...."type emails", or does not want to handle customer rejection, or simply does "not have the time".....then the carrier can use broker and haul for wholesale price.

I'm still trying to learn this game...is the next argument that a carrier can't find a customer because the brokers have possession of ALL of the loads? (I'm guessing that is an absurd statement, but maybe a common response?)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    How about you just try and figure out on your own either how to use brokers or not, or a mix of both brokered/direct, and not worry about other carriers? If there wasn't a need in the marketplace for brokers there wouldn't be any. The market weeds out waste and dummies.

spyder7723 and CJndaTruck Thank this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Where did you go? Haven't seen you around here in a long time.

5. freight-time

freight-time Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh -- I'm still around . Just laying low !!

6. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Hmmm, are you Taylor and Taylor?

7. kevc55

kevc55 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2015
    We operate with the assumption that its never a good thing to put all your eggs in one basket. We have a direct off the west coast to midwest but run brokers up and down and back west. Spot markets are really strong right now. We are killing it for the time being. The only way i would consider a direct customer back is if the rate was outstanding.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.