Brokers want to track me....

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Commuter69, Jun 1, 2018.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Thankfully I don’t look at twitter or facebook.

DSK333 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Rates are just climbing, climbing, climbing ( see thread on rates skyrocketing ), I actually don't care if they want a chase car following the rig.

4. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    One such instance, the Baltimore Gas and Electric company left a laptop inside a company vehicle that was stolen. The hard drive was full of customers sensitive information such name, address and social security numbers. The big three ingredients to nearly guarantee a solid stolen identity. The other time was pre-qualifying through Re-Max reality to buy a home by a worldwide group Nigerians. The FBI was involved in that one. You need to wake and realize there's a bonafide reason to safeguard one's own data because obviously nobody else is.

5. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    We're all entitled to our privacy. I'm a huge advocate for it actually. However, I'm sick and tired of the ignorant trucker was too dumb to do anything else in life but drive a truck because it requires no "skill" or education stereotype that gets passed around but the truly (mostly by Yankees) ignorant. Stupid people are EVERYWHERE! This forum certainly proves that beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  6. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Why bother? It's too easy running a ghost driver. Far better than multiple paper books.

7. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Smart move. It's cancer!

8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    So the dude leaves his laptop on, and it's physically stolen, that's pretty far from hacking.
    Guess you're gonna have to go solar.

I had a $5,000 credit card set up in my name once. American Express.

I'm like I don't have an AE card. Found it doing my monthly credit check.

Called them. It was never activated. Told them this is the real me. They said someone hacked in ADOT and stole ID'S, and opened 35,000 American Express cards.

Pure genius there.

When I was buying my second house, there was a hit on my credit report that said I owed the power company like $72 from 4 years ago, from some address.

I'm talking to the loan officer, and I said, " Sir, do you really think I'd have electricity right now if I owed them $72 for 4 years?"

He pauses, "You have a point there."

That went away, he took care of it somehow.

I'm not important or desirable enough to hack, they want you big money independents lmfao.

9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Mine too. I mean heck, back in the days of Code Red and Nimda I was getting literately 1,000's of bot hits an hour. Now days it's settled down now that most common bots are blocked at the Tier 1 level.
    Now days I'm down to about 3-4 a week. And I could drop that if I was willing to relearn pfsense and add China and Russia to my null routing table.

10. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    You completely ignored my second nightmare. Either way, hacking is all about information gathering. It's theft no matter how you slice it when they take data they're not authorized to receive. My point to the story isn't particularly in regards to "hacking" per se but rather the BIG PICTURE of data and our personal information getting into the wrong hands. This is mostly due to how freely everyone seems to hand it out to nearly anyone for the asking. This causes such sensitive information to be in too many places. The more it's out there the more likely it is to being stolen.

Just look at how many times a person is asked for their social security number for all sorts of things it isn't necessary for AND consider what the number was started for. It surely wasn't meant to be a national ID number like a barcode stamped on your forehead but that's what it's turning into because sheep are allowing it. I used to get it with drug testing facilities regularly about it. We'd go round and round until I made them get a supervisor because my SS is none of their business. I can use ANY unique identifier I choose.

You may not see the problem with things like this and that's totally your prerogative to feel that way. However, this is a very real issue that's not going to get better until people wake up and stop being so complacent on the matter.

11. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    It’s not bad they track the load then they shut it off.
    But I haul a lot of nursery loads from Visalia ca that requires MacroPoint. And as you go down the list checking the stops off they can gps it. But the gps sent accurate it shows you couple hours behind at all times so you’re never direct pin point to location

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.