Brokers want to track me....

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Commuter69, Jun 1, 2018.

1. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    That is a good solution.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Blocker Apps.JPG
    I installed these, set both to "Contacts Only", and said "Yeah, sure" on the phone when they sent the link.. But as soon as I hung up...
    GoodFellas Laughing.jpg

4. Commuter69

Commuter69 Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2014
    I have a load right now that the broker wanted to use the same lojack app that destroyed my last phone, so I refused the request based on that experience ......

I had a conversation today and learned that the company gets fined and risks losing freight when we as drivers refused to be lojacked. So here was the compromise:

I upgraded my S8 to the S9(which is what I was contemplating anyway).

I kept the S8 and activated an additional line to my account and put the new number on the S8; after transferring all data and wiping it to factory defaults leaving no personal information on it.

I made it clear that the new number / old phone number is only to be used as needed for lojacking purposes and any shipper / receiver / broker trying to make contact to that number would not be successful.

I still feel that it isn't right for private parties to do what law enforcement agencies won't do without a court order.

Call_Me_The_Breeze and p608 Thank this.
  5. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Tell them your tracking service costs extra, like another buck a mile just to see what they say.

Call_Me_The_Breeze Thanks this.
  6. Commuter69

Jul 2, 2014
    I have been with my phone provider so long(pre 2003 best recollection), that additional lines don't cost me anything but a small activation fee, and I only pay sales tax on the equipment. They realize that they make their profits on the actual service and not the hardware...

7. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    The "compromise" should have been for the company to supply you a phone, I realize it doesn't cost you much if anything but the only people that benefit are your company and the broker

ChaoSS Thanks this.
  8. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Dec 30, 2015
    GoodFellas Laughing.jpg

9. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Have some fun with it. Get a burner phone from Walmart. Give that number to the Broker. At the shipper, find another driver going in another direction and ask him/her to take the burner phone with them and never answer it. Tell them to just throw it away in a couple of days. The broker will probably have a breakdown trying to figure that out.
    Of course, you won't get another load from them, but who cares???

Call_Me_The_Breeze Thanks this.
  10. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Dec 30, 2015
    GoodFellas Laughing.jpg

11. Commuter69

Jul 2, 2014
    I almost wish I had kept the S6 that the S8 replaced when Macropoint destroyed it....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.