Bruce Oakley Trucking (Bulk)

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Lug-Nut, Feb 8, 2015.

1. DMAX66

DMAX66 Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Ask them if they will install the blower and let you pay it off over time, I know A&R offers that for our owner operators.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kc8yhk

kc8yhk Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Ohio
    Yes they do. I'm getting a wet kit installed, I know it's a lot cheaper, but I'll be making payments of $175 a week payroll deducted until it's paid off.

4. jpracer1

jpracer1 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Yes still clean shaven,clean truck,picky about appearance of both,blowers are $1000 down and pay off over time,pneumatic guys are top money,then end dump then hoppers

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
    NightWind Thanks this.
  5. jpracer1

jpracer1 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Great place to work,open office space,only owner operators and no fleet owners to deal with

NightWind Thanks this.
  6. Lug-Nut

Lug-Nut Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Tijeras, NM
    What kind of money are the pneumatics O/O's making monthly or Yearly ? What kind of insurance rates can you get through Oakley ? What are permits and plates costing through them ? I know the Oakley website shows $1.71 - $1.75 for loaded pneumatics miles but what is the average mileage rate when you consider empty / DH miles ? I appreciate any info.

7. Lug-Nut

Jan 31, 2015
    Tijeras, NM
    Is Bruce Oakley forced dispatch ? How hard is it to get back home once your out ?

8. kc8yhk

kc8yhk Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Ohio
    Lug-nut keep in mind that I am just now leasing on so I can't give you an "experienced answer" but this is what I have been told. Also I am going to do end dump rather than pneumatic.

License plates and permits are provided by Oakley, no charge back to the o/o.
    Truck insurance is 3.67% of the value of your truck. So I am going to be paying $225.84 a month based on my truck value at $80,000. Bobtail insurance is $7.25 a week. Rider policy insurance is $11 a month.

The recruiter asked me if I could run at least 3,000 miles a week. Which is what I usually shoot for anyway. Being that I live in Ohio he said I could be home every weekend if I wanted. Best bet is to call them and tell them where you live and ask about home time. I told him I would rather stay out 3 weeks then take 5 days off and he said that was fine too.

I didn't really go into detail about the forced dispatch, he said you will sit down with your dispatcher and you will get to tell him/her what your preference is. If you don't like a load you aren't absolutely required to take it. As far as I'm concerned, if they keep my truck moving I won't complain. But that's just me.

NightWind, trucker91 and Lug-Nut Thank this.
  9. Lug-Nut

Jan 31, 2015
    Tijeras, NM
    Thanks kc8yhk, I appreciate you sharing those numbers with me. Have you gone through orientation yet ?

10. kc8yhk

kc8yhk Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Ohio
    Not yet I haven't, I am heading down to Little Rock this weekend. Orientation starts this coming Monday.

11. Lug-Nut

Jan 31, 2015
    Tijeras, NM
    Would you be willing to update this thread with your experience at orientation and starting with Oakley ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.