Bruce Oakley Trucking (Bulk)

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Lug-Nut, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Brian Gilbert

Brian Gilbert Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I did the same thing. Good luck. See you In the morning. I'm at the yard now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brian Gilbert

Jul 7, 2015
    I don't know much about that. You'd have to call recruiting and talk to them or Jeremy Kellett.

Hermit825 Thanks this.
  4. Fewe

Fewe Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Arlington, TN
    No fleets at Oakley, one owner one truck... I asked the same thing before coming over.

trucker91 and Hermit825 Thank this.
  5. Hermit825

Hermit825 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Fairbanks,AK
    Kinda had a hunch that was how it was....
    I have seen several of your posts, it would appear that you are happy with what your doing! any advice or suggestions would be awesome!
    thanks! ~B~

6. Fewe

Fewe Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Arlington, TN
    I'm quite happy over here. As for advice, listen and ask questions. Everyone I have met as far as drivers or office staff are more than willing to help. I have asked my fair share of "silly" questions but every time it has saved me from a potentially bad situation or let me confirm a plan of action. Oakley has always been o/o only so they are used to dealing with owner ops and their unique issues. When I was down for 7 weeks with motor issues they never hassled me about anything related to down time. They just asked that I keep them updated as to progress and got me rolling as soon as I was ready.

In my experience and other drivers I have talked to, the recruiters are very honest. They won't tell you what you want to hear to get you to orientation to then pull the rug out from under you. Like any company, it isn't for everyone but it works for me.

Brian Gilbert and Hermit825 Thank this.
  7. Rockycoon

Rockycoon Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I'm approved to come over but waiting on my truck to get ready. I was wondering if it's better to do the truck insurance through Oakley or to shop for it elsewhere. Also what it was running per week ballpark

8. Fewe

Fewe Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Arlington, TN
    I went with the insurance through Oakley. I found their price to be better than the others I looked at. It is a fixed percentage of the declared value of your truck. I can't remember the name of the company Oakley uses but your recruiter should be able to give you the name and probably what the percentage is. If not, you can call the company and find out for sure. It's always a good idea to shop around.

9. Brian Gilbert

Jul 7, 2015
    It's True North isn't it?

10. Fewe

Fewe Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Arlington, TN
    Yeah, that's the one...

11. Dynames

Dynames Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Here, There and Yonder
    Canada run and a NYC run in one week last week. And that's the second time I've been to NYC this year. Not sure how to feel about that.

How's everybody else fairing so far this year here?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.