Bruce Oakley Trucking (Bulk)

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Lug-Nut, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Seen quite a few pneumatic and end dumps up here in the northwest recently. Be cool if they had 3/4 axle trailer setups for running up here. As I would pretty interested then.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dynames

Dynames Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Here, There and Yonder
    Yeah I'm not too sure when, what or how much they are taking stuff from out that way, but I was almost set to go out to WA for a load to Alberta. 1600 mile dead head for a load going 875 miles. Would have loved to have gone but I had to get work done on the truck.

Couple of other pneumatic guys I've run across have been out there too in OR/WA in the past 3-4 months. Some say they won't go back and others say it was good. My preference though is to stay east of the Rockies from November to mid April.

4. Roberts450

Feb 6, 2016
    Yea its a different kind of crazy to enjoy running out here in the winter but then again I never get more then 500 miles in one direction from Spokane Wa.

5. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    why would you want 3 or 4 axle your paid by the mile.

Fewe Thanks this.
  6. Roberts450

Feb 6, 2016
    Alot of bulk places out west try to run 30-34 tons of product and the only way to do that is on 7-8 axles.

wore out Thanks this.
  7. Brian Gilbert

Brian Gilbert Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Doing good so far. I just swapped from end dump to Pneumatic.

trucker91 Thanks this.
  8. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Maybe I missed this tidbit or you can say none of my #### business!! but why did you switch from end dump to pneumatics? I know what the site says but do you mind sharing what you are averaging per mile?

Hermit825 Thanks this.
  9. Hermit825

Hermit825 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Fairbanks,AK
    That's awesome to hear! are you happy you made the leap? I am looking into the Daimler zero trac lease for a new WS, and was wondering if any of the Oakley bulker hands are doing anything similar and what their experiences have been.... I also hear there is a couple of Alaskan hands already leased on down there with Oakley and if you have ran across them or not... ~B~

10. duckhead

duckhead Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2015
    I don't know much about the Daimler lease but if your planning on going to Oakley recruiting will want to look the truck lease over first. Some are worded where no holes can be drilled in the frame so that keeps them from being able to install a blower or wet kit in some cases.

11. Hermit825

Hermit825 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Fairbanks,AK
    Interesting, that's good to know, I was spec'ing out the truck to include the blower, I just need to know what type to have installed, and have yet to hear back from Kent or Jeremy about it. heck I may as well have that financed right into the zero trac lease, that way I can stay flush, I'm leery about being undercapitalized don't wanna jump on board without 10-15K reserve capital after financing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.