Bruce Oakley Trucking (Bulk)

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Lug-Nut, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Rockycoon

Rockycoon Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Yep. Had a idler gear in the motor loose a tooth. The shop slow screwed me. Should have been 3-4 days. Went in on a Monday came out 12 days later. Reminded why I usually do my own work.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brian Gilbert

Brian Gilbert Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I've been down 3 weeks. Barney took out two deer.

4. Rockycoon

Rockycoon Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2016
  5. Brian Gilbert

Jul 7, 2015
    LoL. Yes sir. Same thing happened last year about the same time. I'm 2 for 2. Except last year it was only 1. I'm not liking the pattern. If it holds true I'll have 3 at once next year.

Shock Therapy Thanks this.
  6. 1nicevette

1nicevette Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2016
    For all of you dump guys do you ever load out of Colorado

7. Rockycoon

Rockycoon Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I don't but they do go out there

8. 1nicevette

Dec 22, 2016
    Ya I have talked to them just really want to get the inside part have not bought a truck yet still looking but I would really like to join any ideas as to what type of truck for a new O/o to start out with on the dump side

9. Brian Gilbert

Jul 7, 2015
    There are all different kinds of trucks here at Oakley. I have a Freightliner Cascadia and it's done pretty good here. It's all about how much you want to spend. You need to keep in mind putting money up for unexpected down time like I'm going through right now. (I hit two deer). Start out with something decent priced and dependable and save up for something better down the line. Be careful with the regen and Def trucks. Make sure the filter on the regen part (DPF Filter) has been cleaned or replaced as well as make sure that the DEF filter has been replaced. The best truck to get would be one without regen or Def.

There is money to be made here. As long as your truck stays running

10. 1nicevette

Dec 22, 2016
    Thank you for the advice

11. Rockycoon

Rockycoon Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I agree with Brian. Make them dyno the motor and check everything. And for the love of God. DO NOT buy a International with a Maxxforce motor. They are giant junk piles. Have made many people go under. They are dirt cheap for a reason. My finance guy won't touch a deal with one.
    Spend some time doing research on the common problems with a given motor so you know what to have checked in it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.