Bruce Oakley Trucking (Bulk)

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Lug-Nut, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Dynames

Dynames Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Here, There and Yonder
    65 mph, but yeah Ontario and Quebec require it.

Never been asked about it myself and I've been there more than a handful of times. Couple of guys I know run an HDGT or other tuner to turn the speed up and down. I don't bother with it, drive the speed limit and stay out of sight.

hellpatrol Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hellpatrol

hellpatrol Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Thanks bro.
    Hey, Merry Christmas!
    stay safe

4. nievesco

nievesco Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Texas
    I’ve been reading a lot of the posts in this thread. I havent really heard bad things about this company either. I submitted an application the other day and they are working on it. So far the guy that called me seems nice and respectful. Is it possible to earn a good revenue if I stay out running? I asked for the hopper bottom division since I have a truck note I dont know if I could afford another bill for equipment and hats also why I cant really be sitting at home every weekend. If I get approved and If things go well I may ask to transfer to the end dump division down the road. Im currently hauling tanks but Im with a mega carrier and when you compete with company drivers it just makes it harder sometimes to even break even. I will appreciate any input. Ya’all stay safe out there.

5. Driver2727

Driver2727 Light Load Member

May 21, 2015
    I would go end dump from the start. They don't charge anything up front for your wet kit and hold it out of your weekly settlement. Nothing wrong with hopper but I think you will make enough extra on the end dump to cover the wet kit plus a couple hundred extra

nievesco Thanks this.
  6. nievesco

nievesco Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks Driver2727 that’s not bad. You think I could tell the recruiter I want to switch to that instead? Never done end up but I like challenges.

7. Fewe

Fewe Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Arlington, TN
    Oakley holds out $175 per week until the wet kit is paid off. You should make $300- $400 more per week on dump as compared to hopper. They occasionally have used take off wet kits either from drivers quitting or switching division which are a little cheaper. I don't know how hopper freight is in AL but there is plenty of Dump into, out of, and through AL. Staying out won't necessarily guarantee that you will make more money, that would be a question that either a recruiter or a dispatcher could answer.

nievesco Thanks this.
  8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    What does Oakley haul in their end dumps?

9. nievesco

nievesco Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Texas
    We spoke again today, I asked questions. They seem to be honest so far, I hope the whole process works out and they clear me to come on board. I see their end dumps often on the road, when I lived in Tampa I used to see pneumatics down there a lot. I wouldnt mind getting a used wer kit if I had to, my truck currently has a PTO since I have a pump and compressor on it, but thats coming off whenever I leave this carrier.

10. Driver2727

Driver2727 Light Load Member

May 21, 2015
    Yes, they will let you change your mind up until orientation.
    We haul all sorts of things in the square bottom. Alloy, shred, coal, coke, roofing granules, ag products, almost anything except big bulky stuff that will damage trailers.

nievesco and Rugerfan Thank this.
  11. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.